Gritters

Derby County v Aston Villa Play Off Final, Wembley May 27 2019

1 hour ago, Kinder said:

I’ve heard Frank has taken the players away abroad for a few days.  Sounds like a great idea - get away from the attention and pressure and can only help the team’s togetherness.

23 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Flags will happen, the club are on it.

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 13:07, Marriott Ram99 said:

My team line up would be:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori  Cole

Johnson

Mount    Wilson  

Lawrence 

Marriott     Bennett 

The diamond worked so well against Leeds and I would like to see it used against Villa as well , becuase Lawrence looks a lot better in the 10 role and I also think Marriott plays better next to a striker partner.  Against Villa in previous games we have created precious little down the wings, I think the secret will be to have plenty of pace upfront (why I haven't gone with Waghorn) and hit them on the counter with fast passing through the middle exposing their midfield's lack of pace and defensive ability. The pace upfront  of Marriott and Bennett is a win win for us, becuase If they sit deep we then have Lawrence , Mount and Wilson in plenty of space to make something happen.  It is an attacking line up, but I think the secret to winning will be taking the game to them like we did in the second half against Leeds, and make them worry about us rather than the other way round. 

This is the team for me, but Waghorn (if fit), in replace for Bennett (much as he has done brilliantly). Lawrence is perfect just behind.... not in a sexual way.  

Hopefully, we will aim to actually tackle Grealish this time. For some reason, we sat off and admired him, in the nightmare @ Villa Park.

BBC WM Radio claim Jack is the 'most fouled' player in the Championship. That should read: 'Wins the most free-kicks' IMO - as he is like Bamford, Maddison and the others rolled into one, rolling around pole-axed every 30 seconds!

He waits for a hint of a challenge and then executes his well-practised 9/10 Olympic-standard tumble. And those brittle shins, socks rolled teasingly down, are just begging to be clobbered! Let's face it, how many teams have stuck 'reducers' on Wilson and Mount this season?

I'd anticipate we will have a proper midfield this time around. Frank's biggest mistake of the season, in the 0-4?

We should have more strength, pace and movement in there next Monday, and we'll let them worry about that.

Well my mate at work is a villa fan and he’s been pooping himself since the playoffs started. His view and he is quite right, the playoffs are a complete lottery anything can happen.

If they win he will be smug but not for long, and he would be nowhere near as smug as I will be if we pull it off!!! I’m a bad winner!

I’m in an office full of Villa fans, I work down in Lichfield so there are a lot there. They are mainly confident but a few are nervous after the Leeds performance.

COYR!!

On 17/05/2019 at 12:50, admira said:

This isn't for everyone but on the big games, I always stick a sizable bet on the opposition. Any winnings would pay for my match ticket and lessen the pain a teeny weeny bit.

To cover the outlay, if Rams win, I had a pre-season bet on them going up so will benefit from that, will save a couple of hundred quid in fuel by having four less home games to drive to and let's face it, the feeling of euphoria, you really couldn't put a price on.

Worked for me last Playoff final. Stuck 150 on QPR to be promoted and woke up with 290 in my account following day which all but paid for my season ticket, f we won it was going to be season ticket refund anyway. Different this time though with Villa only at 4/7 promoted. Hardly seems worth it this time. i get your point though 🙂

On 19/05/2019 at 01:06, Ruda Harliss said:

Fair play to the Watford fans! 

Not sure I could wave a flag at 6-0 down!

hopefully won’t come to that!!!!!!

I was lucky enough to be there in the Watford end to witness this first hand. 

I got the impression they expected to lose anyway so were there for to just enjoy the experience and day out. There seems so much more at stake for us that there’s no way will we have the same reaction if we lose be it 6-0 or 1-0. 

Went to bed last night thinking about making a banner for the match.... had all sorts of ideas from a massive superman logo with Frank next to it etc... anything to get spotted on telly! Planned on really going to town as never done it before.... only to discover fans can take their own flags into Wembley as long as they don't have a pole or a banner which can be 250mm at its longest edge..... 😆 - forget that then!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, REDCAR said:

Went to bed last night thinking about making a banner for the match.... had all sorts of ideas from a massive superman logo with Frank next to it etc... anything to get spotted on telly! Planned on really going to town as never done it before.... only to discover fans can take their own flags into Wembley as long as they don't have a pole or a banner which can be 250mm at its longest edge..... 😆 - forget that then!

The person behind you being able to see is more important than you getting on TV, sorry.

Edited by Penelope Pendrex

Just noticed on the official website ticket page that it says they are NOT operating a waiting list for tickets

In which case I assume that  if people return tickets to the ticket office that it's a lottery as to who gets them.

Must be worth people ringing up at regular intervals to ask if they've had any returns?

Or maybe they will wait until they have a sizeable number and release them back on sale