Derby County v Aston Villa Play Off Final, Wembley May 27 2019

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Double whammy for me this, obviously the loss but also I’ll have to go back to work tomorrow as they’ve turned the internet back on in Nottingham 

At least our team played in our biggest game of the season. 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Genuine question 

all this talk about frank to Chelsea from the media and bookies which I realise carry’s some weight but is he really good enough for where hey want to be ?

do u think everyone is jumping the gun a bit ? 

His he good enough who knows,with Chelsea having a transfer embargo and have no transfers available it could give Chelsea a free hit to bring Frank in without being given millions to spend.Personly i think its a done deal now we have failed to get promoted ourselves

On the goal / Roos mistake. I have only seen in live and on the big screens. The ball looked like it went up in the air after a deflection with a very large amount of back spin on it. If that is true the ball could have 'cut' backwards slightly as it went in the air. This might explain how Roos ended up not reaching it / misreading it.

At the time it did look a poor mistake.

2 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

On the goal / Roos mistake. I have only seen in live and on the big screens. The ball looked like it went up in the air after a deflection with a very large amount of back spin on it. If that is true the ball could have 'cut' backwards slightly as it went in the air. This might explain how Roos ended up not reaching it / misreading it.

At the time it did look a poor mistake.

It was a poor mistake - he shoud have either come out to catch it with hands high or punched it. He waited for it to drop.

On Frank going to Chelsea. Skybet obviously think it's nailed on. Personally I rate him as an intelligent bloke who knows football and carries himself with dignity, humility and poise.

I think that Jodi Morris probably deserves more praise that he gets for his work this year. No doubt Frank would take him should he go.

Personally, I think that it is too soon for Frank to lead Chelsea and that he's benefit from another year or so with us.

What will be, will be I guess.

32 minutes ago, ramit said:

A keeper his size has to dominate the box more often than not.  The second goal was his fault entirely, he was too passive waiting for it to fall into his arms instead of punching it clear.  i like Roos, i think he has potential but this he has to improve.

Agree with all of this apart from I think he should have caught it with his hands above his head

3 hours ago, Reverend said:

There is a whole side I mentioned there. Why pick on King? You think Mount, Wilson and Tomori won't be a loss? 

You want to keep Johnson, Roos, Bryson, Nugent...…..? Olsson and Ambrose never played so will be released.

These players will need replacing and we'll need better players if we are serious about promotion.

Its time to be serious instead of nit picking.  Where is the money coming from? I don't think Mel is waving a blank chequebook anymore.

Sorry mate, just meant it as a silly joke - no offence intended! You are, of course, raising a very good point which we have been discussing on the way home. Big summer ahead. 

13 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Agree with all of this apart from I think he should have caught it with his hands above his head

A valid view.  He had two choices but chose the third heh

Suspect he does not have confidence in his strength to catch it.  That can be fixed in the weight room

6 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

Did he not try to do so? I only saw it live / at the other end and couldn't see that. If he didn't, it was a major error.

No, he waited for it to drop into his hands. It was a major error unfortunately.

41 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

On Frank going to Chelsea. Skybet obviously think it's nailed on. Personally I rate him as an intelligent bloke who knows football and carries himself with dignity, humility and poise.

I think that Jodi Morris probably deserves more praise that he gets for his work this year. No doubt Frank would take him should he go.

Personally, I think that it is too soon for Frank to lead Chelsea and that he's benefit from another year or so with us.

What will be, will be I guess.

Skybet change odds based on betting patterns to protect their payouts. They don't know anything more than what Frank has told them several times now. And I don't think Chelsea have mentioned it at all have they? 

After the play off semi final, and today. I’d stick with this 442 diamond. Makes best use of our ‘number 10s’ and strikers as well as providing space for the wingbacks. 

Identify players this transfer window that suit it and I think it takes us out of the division. 

Shinnie seems to be the DM part covered. Holmes probably covers one of the side midfielders. Lawrence begins Waghorn and Marriott? 

Means we arguably need another Mount type, maybe Johnson on a new deal if the terms suit us. Two new centre backs unless Davies is going to be fit and relied upon. 

Midfield options could come from the academy. Tomori for one more season we can dream of? 

33 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Skybet change odds based on betting patterns to protect their payouts. They don't know anything more than what Frank has told them several times now. And I don't think Chelsea have mentioned it at all have they? 

Should Skybet even be allowed. Sky hype stories which people then bet on. They shorten the odds then the story carries more weight. Should be investigated.

Let alone the dangers of gambling where they sponsor the league and all their pundits are on adverts for Skybet deliberatly blurring the lines between news and gambling. The pundits are rich enough already. Maybe they need to be abused on social media.

Got home 40 minutes or so ago and had a bit of time to think. I'm not too frustrated as we weren't expected to win however looking back it was a game that was ours for the taking. I think Frank made 2 key errors in team selection which he's made consistently this year and that's sticking with roos and not playing Marriott. I get the argument for playing roos is that his distribution is much better and arguably at corners he's slightly better than carson but i've never been confident in his shot stopping abilities tbh. I don't think Carson makes that mistake and we maybe would have been in it had that goal not been conceded. 

Second, he shouldn't have started Bennett. I would have started Waghorn and/or Marriott and brought Bennett on last 30 mins for his blood and thunder to take advantage of those tired legs. Personally i think he got it the wrong way around and it cost us today as if we'd had another 5-10 mins we'd have got an equaliser. 

Where does the club go from here? I think it's pretty imperative we keep frank, we need some stability and he's grown a lot from that earlier part of the season where at times we looked all over the place. Replacing Tomori, Mount and Wilson will take some doing, but with out of contract players on big wages going hopefully that will free up some capital for us to take advantage of if we spend wisely. Replacing these three will be the difference i think between sitting in the middle of the championship next year or gunning for promotion again. I'm actually not too disappointed not to go up as I love championship football personally. We'll go again next year and hopefully end up with a different result. 

26 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Should Skybet even be allowed. Sky hype stories which people then bet on. They shorten the odds then the story carries more weight. Should be investigated.

Let alone the dangers of gambling where they sponsor the league and all their pundits are on adverts for Skybet deliberatly blurring the lines between news and gambling. The pundits are rich enough already. Maybe they need to be abused on social media.

Are we into abusing people on social media?

Archived