Derby County v Aston Villa Play Off Final, Wembley May 27 2019

9 minutes ago, Igorlegend11 said:

I realise Roos was best keeper to pick today. Thing is he is nt championship standard and won't be playing in championship next season.

Frank made best if what he had available.   

IMO Roos is definitely Championship standard BUT he made a mistake. Unfortunately this happens sometimes. 

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Richard246 said:

Why 2 holding Midfielders i don't understand it

Re watch game. In first half Bradley played left side of diamond. Mount right side.

Tom holding.

Don't get taken in by a team sheet on paper 

It was clear the formation we played for those high up in ground

It should have been clear Bradley played up and down the left side on TV too......

6 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

IMO Roos is definitely Championship standard BUT he made a mistake. Unfortunately this happens sometimes. 

I will bet you £100 he won't be a first choice for any championship team next season.

I can also bet £10 he won't play more than ten games for a championship team next season.

He's not played at championship level other than for us. He's been available on loan for five years.

And yes, he made a mistake that cost us a goal today 

He also made a mistake that almost cost us a goal.

In a game where we had most possession his poor play cost us 

Glad I won't see him play again for us

Thoughts of todays game and beyond

Now i have calmed down and taken stock i think the best team won in the end to be fair.

Once i saw the team selection my heart sank as perhaps a lot of people did on this forum,one think FL said prior to the game was have no regrets and i think it may be himself that may be having them tonight

Injured or not match fit aside leaving our two main strikers on the bench was criminal,if someone had told me in August that we would get to a play off final and we would have Mason Bennett as our centre forward i would of laughed my head off.

Been a magical season though and now its drawn to a close i do think that will be FL last match in charge of Derby County im sorry to say even the bookmakers have stopped taking any more bets.On the flip side i think he will help us next season in terms of loan players coming

Only 10 weeks to go before the next season starts and these next weeks are going to possibly be the biggest ones we have ever had in terms of recruitment and money available if any at all.

This could be just to much for Mel Morris to take lets hope not but i do live in fear.

UP THE RAMS

29 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Key moment for me was mings injury delaying the restart after the goal.

We needed to be on it straight away.

It was unfortunate, Mings was excellent though. Bournemouth won't part with him on the cheap.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, lukedcfc said:

It was unfortunate, Mings was excellent though. Bournemouth won't part with him on the cheap.

Yep one of those things.

23 minutes ago, Igorlegend11 said:

I will bet you £100 he won't be a first choice for any championship team next season.

I can also bet £10 he won't play more than ten games for a championship team next season.

He's not played at championship level other than for us. He's been available on loan for five years.

And yes, he made a mistake that cost us a goal today 

He also made a mistake that almost cost us a goal.

In a game where we had most possession his poor play cost us 

Glad I won't see him play again for us

Please just listen to yourself....

Noob poster comes on here and slags off players. 

I'm not having it I tell you. 

Every player today tried their very hardest. 

Mistakes happen, what we should be doing is offering encouragement. 

We all makes mistakes. Hopefully we all try to learn from them. 

Looking forward to next season already.

Up the bloody RAMS!! 

Just now, ColonelBlimp said:

Noob poster comes on here and slags off players. 

I'm not having it I tell you. 

Every player today tried their very hardest. 

Mistakes happen, what we should be doing is offering encouragement. 

We all makes mistakes. Hopefully we all try to learn from them. 

Looking forward to next season already.

Up the bloody RAMS!! 

"Noob"

Are you ten? It's irrelevant how much someone has posted before.

7 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

I think we can all agree, all things concerned, that today was infinitely less painful than QPR!

I just hope we can replace Mount's creativity and Wilson's goals next season.

I get where you're coming from with that but it still hurts like hell. Both are massive missed opportunities for different reasons. Our time will come as long as we keep knocking at the door.

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

I get where you're coming from with that but it still hurts like hell. Both are massive missed opportunities for different reasons. Our time will come as long as we keep knocking at the door.

Of course but I was absolutely reeling after QPR. It's much easier to swallow when we were second best.

11 minutes ago, Igorlegend11 said:

You can be sad he won't play for us again.

Really doesn't matter.

He wasn't and isn't good enough 

Now is not the time to be criticising individuals, we lost and now move on. He tried his best  no need for the assassination.  

Home. Not read the match thread let alone the forum. Will maybe take a look over the coming days. Too gutted right now. 

We gave it a go. I felt the ball didn't quite run for us when we needed it and fell beautifully for them. Football is such fine margins. I was confident if we got to half-time at 0-0 we'd win. We started poorly but grew into the game and were the better side by the time of the first goal. It looked as though a different ref might have given us a couple of free kicks around their box in the buildup, but he didn't allowing the Villa breakaway and goal. 

For their second, I've only seen it once live from high up at Wembley but it looked a weird flight to the ball (deflection?) meaning it died on Roos and McGinn got there. 

Then we came to life. Where had this team been? Villa who were never especially good (that's the terrible frustration of the day) looked out on their feet and there for the raking. We finally charged. A shot a fraction wide. Jack belts it into the back of the net. But no clearcut chance after. One especially brilliant move but not the quality on the final ball to carve out the opportunity it deserved. 

We'd have brought Waggy on with Marriott but had to wait to see if Mount was fit after his knocks. It's the tiny details like this which went against us. 

My third playoff final (I missed Leicester). It seems the norm that on the final whistle the losing fans disappear from the stadium. Not today. Proud of the fans, players and staff all sharing the moment and disappointment together. 

I hate this. Another slog of 46 games to get out of this god forsaken league next season. Without Mount, Tomori and Wilson. One game makes a massive difference. If Mel Morris is reading the forum I can't begin to think how he must be feeling. What a guy! 

See y'all next season. 

Archived