Derby County v Aston Villa Play Off Final, Wembley May 27 2019

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Reverend said:

I'm only trying to point out the facts and I've just spent the afternoon with 30 or so Villa fans in the pub and I'm feeling fragile after listening to their garbage about how poor we are and laughing about Lampard and the boys. Villa have just gone into my top 5 of hated teams. I would really love it if Terry goes to Chelsea and Villa beat our 11 points. Hate them.

My, my, and you a man of the cloth as well. ?

6 minutes ago, Reverend said:

There is a whole side I mentioned there. Why pick on King? You think Mount, Wilson and Tomori won't be a loss? 

You want to keep Johnson, Roos, Bryson, Nugent...…..? Olsson and Ambrose never played so will be released.

These players will need replacing and we'll need better players if we are serious about promotion.

Its time to be serious instead of nit picking.  Where is the money coming from? I don't think Mel is waving a blank chequebook anymore.

It was probably a joke.

7 minutes ago, Reverend said:

There is a whole side I mentioned there. Why pick on King? You think Mount, Wilson and Tomori won't be a loss? 

You want to keep Johnson, Roos, Bryson, Nugent...…..? Olsson and Ambrose never played so will be released.

These players will need replacing and we'll need better players if we are serious about promotion.

Its time to be serious instead of nit picking.  Where is the money coming from? I don't think Mel is waving a blank chequebook anymore.

I don’t think there’s anything to be concerned about.

Yes a lot of players will leave but we have a decent squad core and Shinnie is already signed. The wage bill reduction will allow us to bring players in. FL balanced the budget last season and did well, there’s no reason to think he can’t do it again. 

I think things are looking fine and with a few quality additions and maybe a couple more of the youngsters promoted we will be in a good place

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It was probably a joke.

Yeah I know. Just feeling it at the moment.

Worried that with 12-14 players leaving, that next season could be really difficult.

And If Frank leaves as well.....

Just now, Reverend said:

Worried that with 12-14 players leaving, that next season could be really difficult.

We've already got a midfielder in and there's plenty of time to act on the plans they have made. Keep the faith.?

12 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Maybe we should go Portuguese..... worked for Wolves.

They also lost £57 million in a single season. Although I do agree we should be looking more abroad for players. English players come at a premium due to the homegrown quotas, so if we want real value for money we need to be looking elsewhere. We have been finding a few good players in the lower leagues recently though ,so baby steps I suppose.

16 minutes ago, Reverend said:

Not many of those 12-14 have been playing. 

2019-2020 could give opportunities for a few of our award winning youth. Why not?

46 minutes ago, Sentient Pulse said:

Villa fan here (i come in peace).

Just wanted to say well played and although i obviously wanted my team to win, commiserations to you all.

Myself and nearly all Villa fans i know said that if we were to lose to anyone in the playoff final we would prefer Derby as they are a team who like to play real football and dont play dirty all the time (dirty Leeds and WBA).

All i can say is we lost last year and know how you are feeling now, and if you guys keep developing you might get your chance next year, you have a wonderful, young & exciting team, and i have no doubt if you can keep the core together and add a few players you will be a force again next season.

Well played, keep your chins up (i know your pain), and good luck for next season.

You must be pleased that you won without playing particularly well.....

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You must be pleased that you won without playing particularly well.....

Yeah, we didnt play great, but we did try to go forward and learnt from last years mistake where we tried to beat fulham with anti football (Steve Bruce stylee) and hitting them on the break, we didnt play great but Dean Smith has/had us playing in the right way since he came in, and the push towards the end of the season where we won 10 straight was nothing short or a minor miracle.

So yeah, we didnt perform to our best, neither team did tbh, its a high pressure occasion and sometimes the best you can ask for is the team you support not to bottle it, (which is a concern as Villa have a history of bottling it).

All the same, it was a good game overall, and although i ofc wanted Villa to win, i hope you get your chance next year.

9 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Anyway, I'm working through the disappointment by having a couple of goes of Old Rosie in the Junction by clapham junction station. 

Bound to put a smile on my face....?

Old Rosie is a game changer    be careful

53 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

What? How was selecting Roos a risk? If he'd have picked Carson the fans would have been  bemused.

I realise Roos was best keeper to pick today. Thing is he is nt championship standard and won't be playing in championship next season.

Frank made best if what he had available.   

Sith Happens

Key moment for me was mings injury delaying the restart after the goal.

We needed to be on it straight away.

Archived