Derby County v Aston Villa Play Off Final, Wembley May 27 2019

4 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

we can replace Wilson,  mount but not sure about Tomori

Honestly don't rate Tomori as a central defender, as a defensive midfielder, absolutely.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Mckram said:

If Roos hadn’t had made that error then we could be now saying what a genius team selection it was.

Very unlucky today.

100% spot on.

Team selections may have given us a slighttky different outcome, but Mason Bennett played well against premier League standard centre half.   And we were solid and stopped villa getting a foothold in game 

It's been an entertaining season, better than i originally thought.  The academy is producing some real talent which should be knocking on the door to the first team next season and Bennett is becoming a powerhouse player.  Look forward to seeing him starting on a regular basis.

22 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Ah, @KCG. Good to see you back after weeks of silence. Glad you enjoyed the game you ****.

To fair to @KCG hes been around and posting some reasonable views, I particularly agree with the ones on our midfield. I didn’t agree with the stance on Keogh but other than that I haven’t seen anything that has been out of line so to speak!

Lads i know emotions are high at the moment, but there is no need to turn on each other. Try and keep it civil.

As for the game wrong team selection for me. We had no outlet or threat until Waggers and Marriott came on. The Villa manager did a good job with his side and their fans are alright, so at least it doesnt feel as bad as QPR this time.

Its just a shame most of that team probably wont be here next year - would have liked some continuity. It will certainly interesting to see what the team looks like at the start of next season - hopefully we bring a few more Bogles through to the first team.

Next year we could be in with a good chance of getting ourselves another new record as well - most Championship playoff appearances (hopefully we go up auto instead though)

Think they were there for the taking today. Don't really play with and particular style, thought they stepped off us throughout the first half and we controlled most of it. We found ourselves 2 down to poor goals when we looked better team. That saying we didn't create many chances for all the promising positions.

Huddersfield, Fulham and Cardiff coming down are far from scary, likewise there is no sleeping giant like Sunderland coming up.

Could be a thrilling battle between us and Leeds for the title! Villa would have been the strongest team next season outside the top 2.

Bring on next season.

Archived