Derby County v Aston Villa Play Off Final, Wembley May 27 2019

Just now, KCG said:

Frank was too worried about the Villa. Huddlestone should never have started. Waggers, looked fit and Marriott should have started.

Not sure it was personnel but more the system we persisted with for too long. Was fine at 0-0 but should’ve changed at half time. That killed us imo. That and rank bad luck, nothing fell out way all game.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunate, Villa ended up being lucky when we had very little thoughout he game. That’s football.

Can see the game plan, but didn’t quite come off.

What a season, we will be in a great position for next season. We were able to finish the game in the right way. Keep the positivity, we will be right up there next season.

Unlucky lads. Slightly miffed about the howler and the fact at least one of Marriott and Waghorn didn't start but we look good for next season and will take this experience with us and build on it. Should have at least taken it to extra time but it is what it is and we go again. ?

Just now, Pottig said:

Unlucky lads. Slightly miffed about the howler and the fact at least one of Marriott and Waghorn didn't start but we look good for next season and will take this experience with us and build on it. Should have at least taken it to extra time but it is what it is and we go again. ?

We do look ok for next season, though I am a bit worried about how we replace someone as outstanding as Tomori.

We lost today because Roos had a brainfart and out midfield were overawed. Some of the comments on here make me embarrassed to be a Derby fan. Utterly pathetic.

Man the duck up, wipe your mouths and show some duckin pride. We go again next year.

Whole first part of the game we played with no outright striker and it showed. No one in the box, no direct passing, loads of little passes on the edges and around but not threatening. Practically wasted 60mins of the game by not having a goal threat.

Roos' mistake of not punching that ball, unbelievably bad decision making from him there. He plays too casually at the worst times.

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

We lost today because Roos had a brainfart and out midfield were overawed. Some of the comments on here make me embarrassed to be a Derby fan. Utterly pathetic.

Man the duck up, wipe your mouths and show some duckin pride. We go again next year.

Well said

Roos mistake, Waghorn should have been on at ht, Marriott earlier. Good season. New manager, a few new players, Some great moments Man U away, Chelsea away, Leeds away, Southampton away. Well done Derby.

Bit of a shame that!

Questions will have to be asked on Marriott given we looked fairly toothless till he came on.

Cant help feeling a bit disappointed about what might have been had we really gone at them.

That said it’s been a very good season and the future bodes well!

Not sure how I’m feeling just now, QPR was so late I felt truly devastated. Down  two we had to go after it, so was more prepared to lose. Hope beyond hope we can keep Frank and Jody. I too don’t get not starting Marriott, but I won’t criticise Frank, still learning, a steep curve. Pub tonight I’ll wear my colours with as much pride as I always do. We Are Derby 

Easy to say that Frank got the team selection wrong. I would have liked to have a bit more attacking intent from the start, but a goal right on half time changed the coarse of the game, and then another poor goal given away left it almost impossible. We looked better with the two strikers on, but without just one of those goals against we could have been hailing another master execution. I still think it's been a season of punching slightly above weight, with a lack of cover players in important positions able to play te style Frank wants us to play. It will now be important to get recruitment spot on and go again. COYR.

Wonderful season lads! May be tough to retain services of Wilson, Mount, or Tomori...but I imagine quite a few up and comers are thinking Derby would be a good landing spot next season (loan or perm).

With a bunch of wage/players off the books, some exciting core players(Wags/Marriott/Bogle/etc), a couple loans, a couple permanent moves. 

Next season looks to be a good one! 

COYR! 

Archived