Derby County v Aston Villa Play Off Final, Wembley May 27 2019

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

Ah well good effort once we got the strikers on. I felt certain we'd lose as soon as I saw the line up.

I'm gonna get pissed.

Am a little more gutted for that reason. Feels like a "what if" at the moment. Fair play to Villa though, it'd been hard to beat them whatever team we put out.

Absolutely gutted. Didn't know I still cared this much to be honest; I thought a decade abroad had softened things.

I will always believe Derby would have won today if they had started Marriott.

I've made plenty of over-the-top statements this season in the midst of emotion and, rightfully, been called out on them. I'm not a regularly poster by any means, but I'm going to have to take a break because there is no way I'm not going to get into some stupid internet arguments that don't matter over how sincerely frustrated I am by some of Lampard's decision making today. He did well to get Derby to wembley, no doubt. But his decision cost Derby that match today. I have no doubt.

To late now the horse as bolted but i bet Villa had a right laugh when they saw our line up no reason to play two defensive holding players at all,the last 15 minutes should you that

Not saying Villa did not deserve to win but team selection was poor today

Archived