Derby County v Aston Villa Play Off Final, Wembley May 27 2019

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huddlestone only really brings one thing to this team, an eye for a long pass. But so far his passing has been god awful, need to get him off and get an extra body up front. 

Johnson and Hudds trying to do the same job, Johnson has been the far more effective one of them. 

We’ve got to be brave and change it up, was a stupid decision to leave both strikers on the bench and start Bennett up front on his own. He’s worked his nuts off but he’s not a natural striker. 

Huge, huge second half coming up 

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

No teams come back from a losing position to win in over a decade have they? Noone has even scored after conceding in about 5 years

But none of those teams have been this Derby team. We love a comeback!

6 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

No need to panic but at the moment there is literally nothing on offer from the left hand side. I know Cole is getting on a bit but he's got to find something inside him to get forward.

Bennett has looked lively.

More movement in midfield needed going forward. Either one of Tom or Bradley needs to be sacrificed for the greater good.

Hmm I'm in two minds because whilst I agree with what your saying we were increasingly getting more and more control in the game. 

However a goal down we need to be able to open them up down the left and bringing on one of Waghorn/Mariott for Johnson/Huddlestone and shuffling Wilson to the left cm spot might do that. 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Lampards naivety been exposed again there really, I said to my dad about 15 mins before they scored that they’d made a switch and el ghazi was getting too much space and we needed to do something or he’d score. Low and behold, we did nothing, and he did

Do you have an ounce of optimism? Every game you're slagging Lampard off for team selection/subs/tactics. Hindsight is 20/20. Why dont you try being positive?

5 minutes ago, Pottig said:

Do you have an ounce of optimism? Every game you're slagging Lampard off for team selection/subs/tactics. Hindsight is 20/20. Why dont you try being positive?

I said we’d been the better team up until that point. I criticise cause he got it wrong, wasn’t hindsight I saw it ages before it happened.

Archived