Derby County v Aston Villa Play Off Final, Wembley May 27 2019

5 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

I've not stopped drinking by pool wi Hilda ere in Mexico... gotta a reet smile on mi face... pity they are all yanks and Russians... they ain't gotta clue... bloody love Derby.. ps. Hilda sed she will have sex wi mi wi her teeth in if Derby win... 

That's going ter smart int it?

Have yer took yer ointment and had yer tetanus jabs ?

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another Villa fan here, may the best team win. If I was losing to a team in the playoffs I can take it being you guys, always found you a pleasant club. Me and my dad found ourselves cheering you on last night. 

1 hour ago, Mick Harford said:

Is it just me, or is it really noticeable how the Villa fans are far less arrogant when coming on here? Yes they have confidence, as they should given the results this season, but seemingly lacking in the "we're going to smash you" bombast that the Leeds lot had.

Genuinely don't think I've seen a more reprehensible lot on social media than Leeds, even their local journos seem to pick and choose what they report on to continue this mythical anti-Leeds conspiracy that they seem to have going on over there.

Got a Villa mate as a lodger atm. And one of the founders at work is a fan too. Safe to say I can’t get away from them at home or work! 

Even when they smashed us 4-0 they reigned in the smugness. For my two cents - as far as footy fans go - they’re an alright bunch tbf.

Micah Richards! I haven't heard that name in a while! God Villa have got a lot of players on their books. Apparently Micah Richards, now 30, is a Villa player but hasn't kicked a ball in years. That's a career plummet - he was the England right back when he was 20ish. Anyone know what happened there? Or did he just suddenly get crap?

Villa have a very good team, absolutely no shame in losing to them at Wembley. I am in no doubts that they will be favourites, perhaps even heavy favourites, as their form in the second part of the season has been Fulham-esque & they've beaten us comfortably twice - without Mount. 

We have a puncher's chance in the final, though, plus this Derby County side have stepped up every single time the pressure has been on. We're certainly a different side than when we played them the last two times. I was at the game, but completely suppressed the memory that Evans and Bird started CDM against them at their place. Bennett, left wing, Jozefzoon, right wing, Marriott, upfront. Wisdom at RB.

All (us) Villa fans will obviously fancy the win again you on the back of the 2 league games and you do have to support your own team. But we have both managed to make it to the final so we are obviously both doing something right and have the ability to win a pressure match. Your game against Leeds will have made many Villa fans think twice about Derby. You killed tactically, footballing wise and with determination. You also won the 'Take the Piss' contest with Frank and the players singing in the dressing room, a real touch of class! 

I think it will be a tight game at Wembley but I think it will be good. Both our managers try to play football which is a breath of fresh air in this league and there is a lot of talent in both teams. I can see some of our respective players playing for the other team next term. If we win I would definitely fancy nicking Mount and Wilson and if you win I can see Abraham and Mings and John McGinn really fitting in well at Derby in the PL. 

Anyway, it seems like an eternity we have to wait for the 27th. Let's hope the better football wins on the day and it is not down to a bad ref, a red card or bloody penalties.

8 hours ago, philmycock said:

Nah, all of them thinking they're up cuz we won

That's hardly true; I think it is a very balanced view from most posters with just a couple of posters at the extreme either way - whether positive or negative.  A bit like here! 

One very short comment stood out for me "football is the winner". 

I am proud that less than a season on from Rowettball we are now seen as an attractive footballing side again. 

This season's form against us will show Villa as favourites but we have had our purple patches and who knows what will happen on the day? 

I'm just excited about the game and hope we play to our potential. 

On 16/05/2019 at 08:53, BurtonRam7 said:

I’ve got an exam two days after the final. If we win, that means I’ve got one day to recover.

Also, I said at Swansea away that I’d get Keogh tattooed on my arse if we go up. Silly twit.

Would that be the name or his face?

Interesting where you would place his bulging eye

Archived