Derby County v Aston Villa Play Off Final, Wembley May 27 2019

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need to panic but at the moment there is literally nothing on offer from the left hand side. I know Cole is getting on a bit but he's got to find something inside him to get forward.

Bennett has looked lively.

More movement in midfield needed going forward. Either one of Tom or Bradley needs to be sacrificed for the greater good.

Just now, Derbados said:

Biggest half time team talk of the season, we need Marriott on second half we’re toothless up front 

I dont understand why Marriott didnt start in the first place and Johnson is not a replacement for Holmes. Marriott should have started, Lawrence in Holmes position and Johnson in the position he played so well in against Leeds. No idea why Huddlestone is playing.

The only criticism I’d have if that half is that, when we’ve had the chance to hit them again after an attack, we’ve gone back to Roos. I get that we need to contain them, and if it gets too frantic they can really hurt us on the break. But now we’ve got nothing to loose it might even help. I’ve always said I’m almost more confident if we’re a goal behind. 

Could’ve done without it being right before half time though. 

Were missing a decisive pass. But we have the personnel on the pitch that can provide it when it matters, and they only need to do it once. We’ll get a chance or two yet. Just got to take it when it comes along. 

Archived