Derby County v Aston Villa Play Off Final, Wembley May 27 2019

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Because Villa will have been expecting it perhaps.

He is not fully fit perhaps.

The manager prefers to start with a formation that doesn't suit him perhaps.

There are more possibilities, of course.

Yes one possibility is frank knows better than any of us.

Knight, MacDonald, Evans, Jozefzoon?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Holmes, Marriott or Waghirn so keep it tight for 60 mins then two fresh strikers. Not convinced. When you have been running for 60 mins you do not want Marriott or Waghorn to come on. Early goal against us then we are struggling.

7 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Suggests we may try not to play around so much in central midfield which is where villa are strong.

There will have been some thought given by Frank, of that I'm sure. It may not work out, but he will have had a plan.

I'm on the 5th tier bar at Wembley.  Can't see @kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong anywhere and he said he'd buy me a 500ml ?

I'm by 502 entrance chap!!....come and find us,,!

IMG_20190527_114459.jpg

I suppose the hope is that Johnson and Hudds give Mount lawrence and Wilson more freedom to roam but it’s a big pitch and Hudds legs will feel it.

marriott was always going to be a tough call, Mason Bennett played a big part against Leeds 

It's the half hour before kick off of games like this that I really regret caring about football. That feeling wont go away for a week if this goes poorly ? 

Just now, SaintRam said:

It's the half hour before kick off of games like this that I really regret caring about football. That feeling wont go away for a week if this goes poorly ? 

If it goes poorly, we get up tomorrow and start again. The world will still be full of beauty.

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Knight, MacDonald, Evans, Jozefzoon?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Holmes, Marriott or Waghirn so keep it tight for 60 mins then two fresh strikers. Not convinced. When you have been running for 60 mins you do not want Marriott or Waghorn to come on. Early goal against us then we are struggling.

Brave decision seeing that 14 of the last 15 play off winners that scored first have won. 

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

If it goes poorly, we get up tomorrow and start again. The world will still be full of beauty.

Of course, but I'll hate football the whole time ? 

8 minutes ago, admira said:

Brave decision seeing that 14 of the last 15 play off winners that scored first have won. 

But none of the teams that had lost their home leg had gone on to win a semi final before. I actually relax more when we give a goal head start at this point. It’s all part of the plan. 

Also, different league, but Charlton did it yesterday. 

Archived