Derby County v Aston Villa Play Off Final, Wembley May 27 2019

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weve lost to Villa twice this season the home game i would say was down to the new manager resurgence and the away game we made 6 changes and had players in the side who wont be starting at Wembley. The conundrum we have now regarding personel and formation is good, Villa dont know who will play nor what shape we will play either. We have options, 4-3-3 and 4-1-2-1-2, its good to have a plan B and makes it harder for Villa to prepare not knowing.

I would play the Diamond with,

Johnson

Mount                           Holmes

Wilson

Waghorn               Marriott

Bennett played great last night but would be a great super sub and if we change formation can come on. Lawrence worked hard but looked tired and was a little sloppy at times, I think the diamond would cause villa problems, allowing us to over run Grealish. West Brom beat villa over 120 mins so we should be confident that if we play like we did last night we can beat them. I would say Leeds are better than Villa, take out Grealish and Abraham and they are still decent but nowhere near as threatening.

16 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

E4548291-0B3F-46E1-93B2-E32BE990D54B.jpeg.680d0bd8c5998f9291c63a556f336cff.jpeg

I started compiling these Spotify playlists a few months ago. I’ll definitely be adding to them this week. At least one of them will be getting an airing on Monday.

get them shared on spotify lad! Will tune in! 

just wanted to congratulate Derby on a fantastic performance last night. I have been watching Harry Wilson play for you this season and think he may well have earned himself a spot in next seasons squad . He has really come on leaps and bounds playing under Lampard.

If you can go two goals down at Elland Road and win the game by scoring 4 goals then going to Wembley against Villa is going to be easy......right.

Good luck see you in the Prem next season

Left a present on the desk of a Leeds fan at work this morning, not happy ?

I've never been to a Wembley final and I'm just wondering the best way to get there. Will there be coaches on? I can get to London via Birmingham from Long Eaton for about £20 return but want to go with other Rams, anybody got recommendations?

IMG_2136.JPG

Just now, sawley_ram said:

I've never been to a Wembley final and I'm just wondering the best way to get there. Will there be coaches on? I can get to London via Birmingham from Long Eaton for about £20 return but want to go with other Rams, anybody got recommendations?

IMG_2136.JPG

Given that I think there were 8 coaches that went to Leeds... I cant see there being less than 10 or even 15 going down to Wembley....depending on demand 

Villa fan here guys. Firstly, let me congratulate you on getting to the final and beating that dirty, cheating team Leeds. 

Before the game I, and I'm guessing the majority of villa fans, were hoping we'd get you in the final because of our results against you home and away.

But, after watching how you performed last night playing with such intensity for the whole 90 mins made me think that if we play like we did against West Brom, you will beat us.

What we can say for certain, is it's going to be entertaining game and will boil down to do wants it most.

Anyway, enjoy your day at Wembley and may the best team win.

31 minutes ago, Villan38 said:

Villa fan here guys. Firstly, let me congratulate you on getting to the final and beating that dirty, cheating team Leeds. 

Before the game I, and I'm guessing the majority of villa fans, were hoping we'd get you in the final because of our results against you home and away.

But, after watching how you performed last night playing with such intensity for the whole 90 mins made me think that if we play like we did against West Brom, you will beat us.

What we can say for certain, is it's going to be entertaining game and will boil down to do wants it most.

Anyway, enjoy your day at Wembley and may the best team win.

You know, when Villa came down, they were a bit arrogant and so on. But having done a stint and having your hearts broke last year, I wouldn't be to grudging if you did go up now.

Obviously, it'll come down to the day, and obviously I 100% want to us to beat you, but apart from that, good luck and peace.

3 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I’ve got an exam two days after the final. If we win, that means I’ve got one day to recover.

Also, I said at Swansea away that I’d get Keogh tattooed on my arse if we go up. Silly twit.

And you'll be held to your word young'un. I think something like the image below might suit...

keogh2.jpg

Another Villa fan here

First of all well done last night. What a cracking game and I can't say that I am too upset at you knocking Leeds out. I was hoping that we would get you guys in the final but last night changed that opinion slightly. Frank's ability to change things around and attack was really impressive and the Derby players reacted really well. Overall Derby played with more heart and more determination and you fully deserve your place in the final. See below the Championship table from this day last month. Leeds must be sick!

Roll on Wembley and may the best team win. Please don't let it go to penalties!!!!!!!!

Screenshot 2019-05-16 at 12.31.21.png

There's a lot of confidence from Villa fans based on their 7-0 aggregate score against us but they should note that in both those games we were without Mason Mount. A bit like Villa and Grealish, we're a very different team with Mount. This will be their first taste of a Mount-powered Rams. 

And we thrive as the underdog. And our big players thrive in the big games.

Don't count your chickens yet Villians!

It's a long old wait! After getting battered by Villa twice this season, does that give any advantage to them? It didn't do Leeds much good to have beaten us 7-1 on Aggregate over 3 games in the end, perhaps it could give us that extra motivation (if it's even needed)?

Or, it could mean absolutely nothing for either team and having 11 days to impatiently wait for the big day is causing me to think too much about everything!

We’ve already proven that previous games this season are completely irrelevant.

It’s a cliché but it’s all on an entirely one-off game. If we play with the same courage and heart as we did last night then we can do it.

Come on boys, one more game.

3 hours ago, sawley_ram said:

IMG_2136.JPG

Went to the WBA final by coach - there were about 60! Hired from all over the country!

2 hours ago, archram said:

Went to the WBA final by coach - there were about 60! Hired from all over the country!

I'd expect there to be that many - that's only 3,000 odd people and we're going to have something like 36,000 Rams there at Wembley.

Obviously there'll be some of us half fans hoping to blag tickets coming from different directions, but the great majority will come from Derby and the area.

I wouldn't get a train via Birmingham tho……..

Good luck all!

4 hours ago, Parsnip said:

There's a lot of confidence from Villa fans based on their 7-0 aggregate score against us but they should note that in both those games we were without Mason Mount. A bit like Villa and Grealish, we're a very different team with Mount. This will be their first taste of a Mount-powered Rams. 

And we thrive as the underdog. And our big players thrive in the big games.

Don't count your chickens yet Villians!

Imagine if a team scored 9 goals against us in one season and it meant absolutely nothing. ?

Is it just me, or is it really noticeable how the Villa fans are far less arrogant when coming on here? Yes they have confidence, as they should given the results this season, but seemingly lacking in the "we're going to smash you" bombast that the Leeds lot had.

Genuinely don't think I've seen a more reprehensible lot on social media than Leeds, even their local journos seem to pick and choose what they report on to continue this mythical anti-Leeds conspiracy that they seem to have going on over there.

I've not stopped drinking by pool wi Hilda ere in Mexico... gotta a reet smile on mi face... pity they are all yanks and Russians... they ain't gotta clue... bloody love Derby.. ps. Hilda sed she will have sex wi mi wi her teeth in if Derby win... 

Archived