Derby County v Aston Villa Play Off Final, Wembley May 27 2019

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got such a weird feeling that something great could happen tomorrow. My head is saying Villa will take it, but my heart tells me that this Derby team is special, capable of performing on the biggest stages and love proving people wrong. 

This season has been the best season in a long long time, the connection between the players, club and fans really has grown through the season. We are the underdogs and will thrive in the environment. I'd love nothing more than to see Keogh put him demons to bed. 

COYR 

Agreed @DJFern94. This team has really come into its own on the biggest stages this season. The cup performances against Prem teams and the Playoff second leg being the highlights.

Really looking forward to screaming my lungs out and cheering the lads on tomorrow.

Proud of them all, whatever the result.

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

One stat I hadn't realised... It's been 7 years since both teams scored in this game.

Not sure if that means I now want us to score first, or do what we are best at... coming from behind!  LOL!

Some other stats (Courtesy of the beeb), that may just make you sit up and think...

Another one for you - only Liverpool have beaten us in more games than Villa in our History as a club. Hopefully this one goes the same as the Leeds games where we lose the battles but win the war.

18 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Marriott or Waghorn? 

Id go both if fit 

Roos

Bogle tomori keogh cole

Johnson

Holmes Mount Wilson 

Marriott  waghorn

Id try to get them both in, wouldnt be bothered if we went with lawrence in there... Or went 4231 with the usual suspects and holmes next to BJ In the two... In fact not bothered who we play as long as we win... Just certainly wouldnt play huddlestone next to BJ it doesnt work 

All my best teams have 12 players!

We’ll be setting up Grandmas big chair in front of the telly, whole gang of family and friends ready for the big day

Quote of the day from Grandma .. I think that Frank Lampyard seems like a nice young lad.

Roos

Bogle           Keogh         Tomori             Cole

Johnson 

Wilson                       Mount

Lawrence

Marriott                          Waghorn 

I think we need to keep the attacking Diamond pressure villa in defence Waghorn can give them a hard time physically which he must do and Marriott with his speed and strength.

We need to attack and take the game to Villa this team does it

5 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I thought they played at Wembley! How can any of them be the home team?

For the purposes of a kit clash, I presume, alphabet determines home and away team. 

Unless you're just being obtuse? Lol

1 hour ago, Richard246 said:

Roos

Bogle           Keogh         Tomori             Cole

Johnson 

Wilson                       Mount

Lawrence

Marriott                          Waghorn 

I think we need to keep the attacking Diamond pressure villa in defence Waghorn can give them a hard time physically which he must do and Marriott with his speed and strength.

We need to attack and take the game to Villa this team does it

One of our strengths is our flexibility and the ability of our players to continually switch into different positions - it was once called total football. I don't think we need some kind of fixed formation but should instead have the flexibility and intelligence to keep switching through the game depending on the situation. Your lineup could have plenty of different permutations with those same players.

Archived