A message from Norwich fans..

Canary

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Really? His final season with you he's vice captain, fans POTY and scored 15 goals from midfield whilst instrumental in getting your lot promoted and you 'didn't like' him? Tough crowd!

He was crap for the first half of that season. And he also was average at best in the first period of his Norwich career. He came to us as a central midfielder but played on the left when AN came in but i thought we had better options.

Just my opinion of course and i wish him good luck with you guys- just one of those things!

hi all

Could we be at the start of a golden age to rival the Clough & Smith eras?  Hope so...

Norwich have always been what I call 'honest' - try to play the right way, not moaning or cheating, accepting the ups and downs with dignity, and I'd like to think we're the same.  Contrast that with the mardy approach of teams like Forest, Leeds or recent Man United, always the sense of entitlement, always resorting to subterfuge when things don't go their way, that's why some teams are so despised.  Patrick Bamford wasn't like that when he was with us, but clearly he's become infected now.  No one minds a bit of honest hard won success, and through gritted teeth I was very pleased when Leicester broke the dominance of the big 6 because it showed that it can be done. 

Don Revie planted the seeds of the Leeds culture years ago, and it's still there - the humourlessness, the trying too hard, the lack of humility, the overly complex analysis, the systems, the arrogance.  On Wednesday it was almost as though we were re-running scenes from The Damned United all over again.  We had the belief, the charisma, the buccaneering spirit and the chutzpah, and it's nice to see that kind of attitude triumph over the grim, clipboard wielding, pencil up the a*** approach of the Dirties.

When we started to adopt that attitude under Pearson/Clement/McClaren/Rowett we pretty quickly became despised too, and with good reason.  It looks as though we're now back on track attitude wise, and, to quote William Blake,

"He who kisses joy as it flies

Lives in eternity's sunrise"

On Wednesday we kissed the joy, and no matter what happens at Wembley let's enjoy the sunrise while it's here.

COYR

LR2 

Archived