Ashley Cole

Jortat

What a master stroke having Cole to play at left back at Wembley to cover the banned Malone.

It was written in the stars.

His experience will chill the rest of the Rams players out as Wembley is his play park. COYR ??

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I'll hazard a guess that this could be his last professional game of football. What a way to end a career. He won't want a loss.

He could go the way of the last English great to retire at Derby - Seth Johnson. 

A win against a West Midlands side who, by all accounts, will be favoured for promotion! 

I worry slightly for him, can he keep going for 90 minutes, every game he’s played so far bar one we’ve lost. Teams try to exploit him down the left and Villa have got some lighting fast wide men. 

This would be the perfect ending to his career, it would be fairytale stuff to end like that, I just worry and hope he’s got one last vintage Cole game left in him

11 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I worry slightly for him, can he keep going for 90 minutes, every game he’s played so far bar one we’ve lost. Teams try to exploit him down the left and Villa have got some lighting fast wide men. 

This would be the perfect ending to his career, it would be fairytale stuff to end like that, I just worry and hope he’s got one last vintage Cole game left in him

Bar one

And maybe two

13 hours ago, Derbados said:

IF they get past Cole , they will never beat Tomori

17 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Bar one

And maybe two

If we're going for games hes played in rather than started weve won at Hull, Rorheram and Bolton plus leeds if you want to count the playoffs. He also played in the draws at Brum and Brentford.

Why does all of this just feel like we are dreaming right now - this was not in the script after the Blackburn game.

This is probably my most exciting time as a DCFC supporter which is nearly 30 years. I couldn't sleep last night because everything seems to be pointing to us creating something special.

I'm just hoping Frank and Jody are really taking to being here because this could be the start of DCFC becoming a force. 

20 hours ago, Kennington Ram said:

Potentially his last game ever, I'm sure he'll give it everything. Shame for Malone but hopefully it's a great way for Cole to go.

Yes real shame for Malone, he took one for the team and was in full celebration at the end, not feeling sorry for himself. Good to have Cole as a back up, pretty sure he has another world class game in him before he finishes his career, on a winning note. 

33 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes real shame for Malone, he took one for the team and was in full celebration at the end, not feeling sorry for himself. Good to have Cole as a back up, pretty sure he has another world class game in him before he finishes his career, on a winning note. 

I’d celebrate too. I don’t think I could handle the pressure of a final. So this would be my perfect scenario. Take one for the tea, so I’ve done my bit, but my war is over, I can sit and watch the final from the stands, join in the celebrations if we win, put in a transfer request if we loose. Sorted. 

2 hours ago, sage said:

I would play Wisdom. There. Said it.

Can't see Frank doing it though. He's not played him much has he.

Fozzy, Olsson, Malone and Lowe on the books and we're casting round for a left back. Unfortunate really. Got to be the old lad hasn't it? One last hurrah?

Archived