Keogh....always got a pass in him...

Gritty

4 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Regardless of what happens on bank holiday Monday I'm excited for next season.

I would however love for Keogh to be promoted with us purely so he can get the praise and credit he deserves which has been masked for 4 years by that unfortunate clearance. 

I really do feel calm about the final because regardless of what happens I think we're on the right track. Recruitment seems to be heading in the right direction. Playing style seems to be heading in the right direction. Fans are enjoying themselves and actually getting behind the team again. 

best post ive read so far mate , lets hope The Rams and Frankie are an item for a good few years

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, maxjam said:

seeing Keogh marauding up the pitch to play the perfect pass through to Marriott was an awesome sight!!!

Do you reckon he meant it??

To me he got the pass from Mount stuck under his boots and therefore his attempt to pass to Marriott's feet ended up being accidentally perfect - keeper had to commit and Marriott didn't need to take a touch before shooting!

?

15 hours ago, Andicis said:

Best defender we've had in my life time. He's survived through so much stick, and always given it all. You can tell how much the club means to him. I love Keogh, a wonderful player and a wonderful person.

Wow...you poor thing. 

8 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Do you reckon he meant it??

To me he got the pass from Mount stuck under his boots and therefore his attempt to pass to Marriott's feet ended up being accidentally perfect - keeper had to commit and Marriott didn't need to take a touch before shooting!

?

He didn’t mean It...but It did look beautiful. 

15 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I thought he's hit that too hard, but Marriott's finish proved he didn't!

What a leader, what a man, what a flipping icon he has been!

I never thought that I would love a player more than I did Sir Jake of Buxton and Colin Todd, but Captain Fantastic is right up there.

40 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Only you could make a positive thread negative Muespach.

Anyone got any onions to go with Moose patch's tripe?

Fine lines this football game isn't it!!

A year ago he would have been blamed for missing the cross for there first, glanced that shot into his own top corner and a penalty would have been given against him on Bamford. Oh the stick he would have got then. And in truth he would have been trying to do everything to the best of his ability, just like last night.

I for one am pleased for him but just point out how fickle it is and everybody should pause before drawing their daggers to stick in the scapegoat whoever it maybe - it is a team game, win or lose as a unit.

Only 5 players have featured in more games (club and country) than Keogh's 62 this season: McGregor (65, Celtic and Scotland), Blind (65, Ajax and Netherlands), Quincy Promes (64, Seville, Spartak Moscow and Netherlands), de Ligt (63, Ajax and Netherlands), Hazard (63, Chelsea and Belgium).

Currently, he's 3rd in minutes played (5592) - 48 mins at Wembley and he'll have been on the pitch longer than any other player in the 18/19 season*

*Celtic and Benfica still have 2 games to play, so Keogh may finish 3rd

16 hours ago, Dethorn said:

Fine lines this football game isn't it!!

A year ago he would have been blamed for missing the cross for there first, glanced that shot into his own top corner and a penalty would have been given against him on Bamford. Oh the stick he would have got then. And in truth he would have been trying to do everything to the best of his ability, just like last night.

I for one am pleased for him but just point out how fickle it is and everybody should pause before drawing their daggers to stick in the scapegoat whoever it maybe - it is a team game, win or lose as a unit.

I often think about that. At Wembley, maybe Lawrence shoots from 30 yards and smashes it in the top corner. He’s a hero. But if he makes slightly different contact, he spoons it, he’s being wasteful when others were in a better position, cost us the game. 

Archived