92 Club (long shot I know!)

AldershotFan

Good luck in your second leg tonight at Elland Road :)

I know this is an absolute long shot, but I'm an Aldershot Town fan currently attempting to join the 92 club by watching a match at all 92 Football League Grounds.  I am currently on 91 and only 'missing' Leeds!

By chance I am up North for the next few days with work, so if there is anyone that at the last minute has a spare ticket available through illness or anything I'd be more than happy to take (if possible!)

Like I said, highly unlikely I know as I doubt there are any spares for a fixture like this, and I'm sure the list for takers is as long as your arm, but I plan to go to Elland Road tonight and just try and get a spare on the night anywhere I can - so if there is anyone going with a spare please let me know, however late in the day.

Thanks

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, AldershotFan said:

Good luck in your second leg tonight at Elland Road ?

I know this is an absolute long shot, but I'm an Aldershot Town fan currently attempting to join the 92 club by watching a match at all 92 Football League Grounds.  I am currently on 91 and only 'missing' Leeds!

By chance I am up North for the next few days with work, so if there is anyone that at the last minute has a spare ticket available through illness or anything I'd be more than happy to take (if possible!)

Like I said, highly unlikely I know as I doubt there are any spares for a fixture like this, and I'm sure the list for takers is as long as your arm, but I plan to go to Elland Road tonight and just try and get a spare on the night anywhere I can - so if there is anyone going with a spare please let me know, however late in the day.

Thanks

Thanks for your good wishes! Best of luck in your pursuit of a ticket. I turned up at Bramall Lane without a ticket this year and hey presto! A chap whose son was ill and couldn’t make the game sold me his. Outside the ground 20 minutes before ko.

2 hours ago, AldershotFan said:

Good luck in your second leg tonight at Elland Road :)

Thanks

Hope you get one (sorry, you can't have mine!)

I'm way behind you in the 92, but enjoying trying to complete it at some point.

Good luck!

This might be a stupid question but I'll go for it anyway. 

Do you need to complete all 92 in a single season? Is this even possible? 

If not what to you judge the 92 on as it will change each season, for example, Salford will be in the football league next year for the first time so next year's 92 will be different from this. 

2 hours ago, AldershotFan said:

Good luck in your second leg tonight at Elland Road ?

Thanks

Yeah that old Chestnut ???

3 minutes ago, PastRAMi said:

This might be a stupid question but I'll go for it anyway. 

Do you need to complete all 92 in a single season? Is this even possible? 

If not what to you judge the 92 on as it will change each season, for example, Salford will be in the football league next year for the first time so next year's 92 will be different from this. 

It’s possible, Derby fan has the record unless someone has beat it already. You need a lot of time, money, petrol and an understanding wife/husband!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38985726

No, it doesn't have to be in an entire season (well, not by my 'rules' anyway).  You are quite right, with new teams being promoted and teams moving to new grounds the 92 is always revolving, so the challenge never expires.

For example Spurs moving became a new ground, which I was fortunate enough to go to a few weeks ago when they played West Ham.  Up coming new grounds are Brentford & AFC Wimbledon, plus any newly promoted teams...

Luckily for me I've already done Orient (years ago) and Salford this season watching Aldershot, so Leeds would have me complete for atleast a year!

1 minute ago, AldershotFan said:

No, it doesn't have to be in an entire season (well, not by my 'rules' anyway).  You are quite right, with new teams being promoted and teams moving to new grounds the 92 is always revolving, so the challenge never expires.

For example Spurs moving became a new ground, which I was fortunate enough to go to a few weeks ago when they played West Ham.  Up coming new grounds are Brentford & AFC Wimbledon, plus any newly promoted teams...

Luckily for me I've already done Orient (years ago) and Salford this season watching Aldershot, so Leeds would have me complete for atleast a year!

Have you done them in ascending order of awfulness?

3 hours ago, AldershotFan said:

so if there is anyone going with a spare please let me know, however late in the day.

I don't have a ticket to share with you - although I can share the advice I think all Derby fans will be sharing later.

"There is always next season"

3 hours ago, AldershotFan said:

I'm expecting Elland Road to be quite nice from what I've seen.  Am I wrong?

Possibly - God is quite fair with these things and tries to even it all out. It's why he made France so beautiful and then filled it with the French.

I got in, in the Leeds end!!  What an unbelievable game, and amazing atmosphere.  Managed to buy a ticket of a tout (which I didn't want to do, but I was left with no option as hadn't got in when the game began!).  Missed the first 10 mins

Your boys did well, so well.

I have to be honest, when Leeds went 1 up I thought it was all over.  They had other chances first half and I didn't see yourselves coming back from the 2-0 deficit and the momentum.  Once their keeper made that howler though, how the game changed and you looked superb!

One of the best games I've been to - goals, tension, red cards...it had it all. 

Good luck in the final.

Archived