Eurovision 2019

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

Jury results seems so corrupt tbh. 12 pts shared between greece and cyprus. The huge number of votes for macedonia. Gotta get rid of em... 

Think that's why it's been watered down by layering on the *public vote*.

Trouble is, the latter bit is completely opaque as it was boiled down to a single number. The range was massive from 0 for Germany to 250-ish for Spain and Italy. We got 3 which condemned us to last place.....

Unless all the public's are as politically bent as the juries......

Did you hear the booing when the camera cut to the Iceland group and they were holding Palestine banners and flags? Didn't go down well at all funnily..

4 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Think that's why it's been watered down by layering on the *public vote*.

Trouble is, the latter bit is completely opaque as it was boiled down to a single number. The range was massive from 0 for Germany to 250-ish for Spain and Italy. We got 3 which condemned us to last place.....

Unless all the public's are as politically bent as the juries......

Did you hear the booing when the camera cut to the Iceland group and they were holding Palestine banners and flags? Didn't go down well at all funnily..

Didn’t they refer to the Greeks as their neighbours? Completely ignoring all the Muslim countries between them and Greece. You can’t just ignore the fact that Palestine exists. 

And if Israel’s In it, why isn’t Palestine invited to be in it?

34 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

In a sad final twist, the UKs score was reduced by 5 points following the identification of an error. Boooo....

We're even laster than we were before ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48375560

To be fair, this year's "attempt" was rubbish.

I really liked the one from last year, though, which was in the bottom 3 also I think

A big part of our problem with this competition is that, for many countries, their entries are established "stars" and them entering in Eurovision isn't seen as negative to their credibility.

What we should do is get someone like Erasure to enter for the UK. They've got a huge european fanbase - and importantly amongst the gay community. They're still producing some cracking pop tunes as well, and wouldn't be damaged by association with it.

If they can't do well, then we might as well leave & take our ball with us I reckon.

9 hours ago, Wolfie said:

A big part of our problem with this competition is that, for many countries, their entries are established "stars" and them entering in Eurovision isn't seen as negative to their credibility.

What we should do is get someone like Erasure to enter for the UK. They've got a huge european fanbase - and importantly amongst the gay community. They're still producing some cracking pop tunes as well, and wouldn't be damaged by association with it.

If they can't do well, then we might as well leave & take our ball with us I reckon.

A bit of Vince Clarke 80s techno disco.....I like it.

Just a little respect...ooh....oo-ooo-oooohhhh ?

Archived