West Brom v Aston Villa | Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg

David

1 hour ago, David said:

Brunt lost his head completely, they had a decent spell on top and had Villa on the ropes, they just start to get back in the game and goes in with the most ridiculous challenge whilst on a booking already.

As the game went to penalties it’s hard to say he cost them the game but could have quite easily, that save from Johnstone at the end was cat like reflex’s. 

Had a bit of a dilemma last night, on one hand I wanted West Brom into the final if we was to do Leeds tonight and watching the Villa firesale would have been glorious.

But if Leeds do go through, Villa are more likely to beat them at Wembley and given a choice I’d rather see Villa up than Leeds. Bielsa’s departure and Leeds fans meltdown would be even more glorious. 

With Leeds injuries piling up, it’s hard to look past a Villa win, so if it’s not us, the summer should still be entertaining with our own rebuild and Leeds demise.

I really don’t have a second favourite in these playoffs. It’s Derby or nothing for me. 

Leeds - it’s going to be hilarious watching them flounder in the championship, lose Bielsa and miss out again. 

Villa - as you say, the fire sale is going to be time to pull up a chair and grab the popcorn. And after them buying like there’s no tomorrow, and scraping past financial calamity, they thoroughly deserve it. 

West Brom - it’s just boring when relegated teams go straight back up. And there’s absolutely nothing to get excited about them being promoted (at least the other two I suspect do have the infrastructure to upset the Apple cart in the premier league).

through very gritted teeth, I might even say, if it’s got to be one of them, then it should be Leeds, as I think they’ll have the best chance to do a wolves and shake things up in the premier league. 

But id rather stab myself in the eye than that happen. So it’s got to be Derby. I’ll be bitterly disappointed in two levels if it’s not us, because a) it’s not us, and b) that means it’s one of them. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Brom were architects of their own demise over the 2 legs.

Quite simply their inability to know how and when to play the key pass killed them.

Last night was Murphy, when simple key passes, that COULD have led to goalscoring chances, were available, he continued to dribble into 3 Villa defenders, and did it three or four times at least.

I just hope that Lawrence and Wilson play the pass tonight or we will be ruing the same missed opps.

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just out of interest, do you use the same kind of language  (cheat and scurge on the game) to describe Harry Wilson when he is throwing himself to the ground on a weekly basis?

Yes and I did when Chris Martin did it. My opinions are there no matter, I think it’s bad for the game and shouldn’t be encouraged or referred to as ‘winning a free kick’. If you go down it’s because you can’t stay on your feet. 

34 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Yes and I did when Chris Martin did it. My opinions are there no matter, I think it’s bad for the game and shouldn’t be encouraged or referred to as ‘winning a free kick’. If you go down it’s because you can’t stay on your feet. 

Me too.

The one thing I didn't like about Jamie Ward.

Think Wilson is embarrassing at times.

Archived