Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
StockholmRam

Interesting photograph 1970s

Recommended Posts

I'm no good at these (as you're about to witness), so I'll get in first, before someone gets 'em all right!

 

Back row, left to right:

Know the face, but not the name (Man City?) - Ray Clemence? - If it ain't Billy Bonds, I've no idea - Roy, obvs - Struggling with that one - Toddo, Toddo, Toddo - Was gonna take a stab at Paul Madeley, but then there seems to be a hint of Trevor Brooking in him, so I'll opt for the latter.

 

Front row, left to right:

Surely that's our very own Stevie Powell? - Another City player? - One of the Ipswich guys? - I so recognise him, but can't for the life of me put a name to him.

 

Surprised myself there... did a lot better than I thought!  :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

An " English League " side to face Scotland League feat three Rams. Game was at Maine Road in 1974. 

You old uns like Eddie and Utch. How many can you name? 

image.jpg

David Nish, Ray Clemence, Bob Latchford, Roy Mac, Peter Storey ? Colin Todd, Trevor Brooking

Front comeback to you on this one, Colin Bell, Stan Bowles and Martin Dobson.

Edited by Pearl Ram

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

David Nish, Ray Clemence, Bob Latchford, Roy Mac, Peter Storey ? Colin Todd, Trevor Brooking

Front comeback to you on this one, Colin Bell, Stan Bowles and Martin Dobson.

Correct. Just one to get. Give you a clue. Stockholm Ram ( and the rest of DCFC Junior Rams 79) saw him play alongside Carlos Alberto and Kaiser Franz, Johan Neeskins for New York Cosmos. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Correct. Just one to get. Give you a clue. Stockholm Ram ( and the rest of DCFC Junior Rams 79) saw him play alongside Carlos Alberto and Kaiser Franz, Johan Neeskins for New York Cosmos. 

Nah, it’s not coming to me Stockholm, got to say, they don’t exactly look thrilled to be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

An " English League " side to face Scotland League feat three Rams. Game was at Maine Road in 1974. 

You old uns like Eddie and Utch. How many can you name? 

image.jpg

Dunno, but the bloke second in from the righ front row has got my haircut.

 

Back in the day naturally.

Edited by King Kevin

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Some amazing players back then. 

I always used to think it didn’t matter which team we were playing back then, there was always someone in the opposition team with star quality. 

Not many got any joy out of us as you remember. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

David Nish, Ray Clemence, Bob Latchford, Roy Mac, Peter Storey ? Colin Todd, Trevor Brooking

Front comeback to you on this one, Colin Bell, Stan Bowles and Martin Dobson.

is it kevin Beattie front left

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, superzak said:

is it kevin Beattie front left

It’s a fella called Dennis Tuart (spelling) played for Sunderland in the cup final they beat Leeds and got a move to Manchester City. 👍 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

It’s a fella called Dennis Tuart (spelling) played for Sunderland in the cup final they beat Leeds and got a move to Manchester City. 👍 

Dennis Tueart...Man City left winger. Scored bicycle kick in League Cup Final  1976. 

Edited by Ellafella

Share this post


Link to post

Here's some old footage of home internationals showing Dennis tueart scoring the winner and toddy setting up the equaliser for mick channon 👍

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.