Interesting photograph 1970s

StockholmRam

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
Just now, StockholmRam said:

An " English League " side to face Scotland League feat three Rams. Game was at Maine Road in 1974. 

You old uns like Eddie and Utch. How many can you name? 

image.jpg

That’s last seasons team photo init?

I'm no good at these (as you're about to witness), so I'll get in first, before someone gets 'em all right!

Back row, left to right:

Know the face, but not the name (Man City?) - Ray Clemence? - If it ain't Billy Bonds, I've no idea - Roy, obvs - Struggling with that one - Toddo, Toddo, Toddo - Was gonna take a stab at Paul Madeley, but then there seems to be a hint of Trevor Brooking in him, so I'll opt for the latter.

Front row, left to right:

Surely that's our very own Stevie Powell? - Another City player? - One of the Ipswich guys? - I so recognise him, but can't for the life of me put a name to him.

Surprised myself there... did a lot better than I thought!  :-)

25 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

An " English League " side to face Scotland League feat three Rams. Game was at Maine Road in 1974. 

image.jpg

David Nish, Ray Clemence, Bob Latchford, Roy Mac, Peter Storey ? Colin Todd, Trevor Brooking

Front comeback to you on this one, Colin Bell, Stan Bowles and Martin Dobson.

6 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

David Nish, Ray Clemence, Bob Latchford, Roy Mac, Peter Storey ? Colin Todd, Trevor Brooking

Correct. Just one to get. Give you a clue. Stockholm Ram ( and the rest of DCFC Junior Rams 79) saw him play alongside Carlos Alberto and Kaiser Franz, Johan Neeskins for New York Cosmos. 

5 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Correct. Just one to get. Give you a clue. Stockholm Ram ( and the rest of DCFC Junior Rams 79) saw him play alongside Carlos Alberto and Kaiser Franz, Johan Neeskins for New York Cosmos. 

Nah, it’s not coming to me Stockholm, got to say, they don’t exactly look thrilled to be there.

45 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

image.jpg

Dunno, but the bloke second in from the righ front row has got my haircut.

Back in the day naturally.

9 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Some amazing players back then. 

I always used to think it didn’t matter which team we were playing back then, there was always someone in the opposition team with star quality. 

Not many got any joy out of us as you remember. ?

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

is it kevin Beattie front left

9 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

It’s a fella called Dennis Tuart (spelling) played for Sunderland in the cup final they beat Leeds and got a move to Manchester City. ? 

Dennis Tueart...Man City left winger. Scored bicycle kick in League Cup Final  1976. 

Archived