Sign in to follow this  
maxjam

If we could get 1 more player...

Centre mid has been where we’ve been hugely lacking all season, some of the players we’ve played next to mount haven’t even been championship standard yet alone top 2 worthy. There are other areas that could be improved but nit bringing in someone proper there in the summer or January has been what’s killed us from getting any higher without a doubt imo. Both my suggestions have already been taken by @David and @Nuwtfly, a Mcginn or a Norwood would have been exactly what we needed.

1 hour ago, Dethorn said:

George Thorne in his pomp would have bossed that CDM position

This was the position for sure. We were clearly trying to get Ampadu in January. If we had, I reckon we'd have got 10 or 12 more points, but not enough for the autos though. 

Posted (edited)

Chris Martin... obviously,I'd be letting myself and the lord saviour himself down to think otherwise.

He could have replaced the injured waghorn in the first leg instead of us trying to replace him nuge who can't perform as required.

A fully fit George Thorne is my second wish.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

10 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Chris Martin... obviously,I'd be letting myself and the lord saviour himself down to think otherwise.

told you so love GIF by Abbey Luck

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Okay the season is nearly over (hopefully not for another couple of weeks) but seeing as we didn't run away with the title there is always room for improvement.

What one player do you think could have made the difference in us finishing 6th and pushing for the top 2 - keep it realistic, no Messi/Ronaldo etc and cost no more than a 1m/2m.

I'll start... Tammy Abraham 20+ goals would have given us a similar goal difference to Sheffield United and hopefully similar points.

It wouldnt be an extra 20 goals though. You have to take into account the goals scored by the strikers weve already played thus year - Waghorn and Marriott. Nugent doesnt count.

I'd have had Jack O'Connell at CB instead of Tomori.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but good as he is - his positioning and inability to defend crosses has been our one true downfall this season

Just now, StivePesley said:

I'd have had Jack O'Connell at CB instead of Tomori.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but good as he is - his positioning and inability to defend crosses has been our one true downfall this season

The same Tomori that won player of the season? Yup, unpopular opinion right there! 

I’m right at the front of the queue of people to disagree with you.