If we could get 1 more player...

maxjam

Okay the season is nearly over (hopefully not for another couple of weeks) but seeing as we didn't run away with the title there is always room for improvement.

What one player do you think could have made the difference in us finishing 6th and pushing for the top 2 - keep it realistic, no Messi/Ronaldo etc and cost no more than a 1m/2m.

I'll start... Tammy Abraham 20+ goals would have given us a similar goal difference to Sheffield United and hopefully similar points.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our midfield has been a problem all season imo. A 13/14 Thorne or a current Will Hughes would make all the difference, especially against the lesser teams where we have drawn as they could play a ball through the eye of a needle, I couldn't see Leeds pressing them as successfully as they did to a Johnson, Ledley, Evans, Bryson et all like they have this season when we've played them. 

16 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Our midfield has been a problem all season imo. A 13/14 Thorne or a current Will Hughes would make all the difference, especially against the lesser teams where we have drawn as they could play a ball through the eye of a needle, I couldn't see Leeds pressing them as successfully as they did to a Johnson, Ledley, Evans, Bryson et all like they have this season when we've played them. 

This. A fully fit, fully functioning George Thorne would have had us promoted this season.

4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Can he play in the play-offs??

IIRC there was something in the Telegraph about not being able to recall players you sent out on loan - therefore we can't use Chris Martin and Chelsea can't recall Mount/Tomori etc

@maxjam just to offer you a serious suggestion without resurrecting footballers, curing injuries and reminiscing over 2013....to be fair the Chris Martin one was always going to come. 

Oliver Norwood, £2m from Brighton was a great buy for Sheff Utd.

I don’t see what adding another goal scorer would have changed, midfield is where we have struggled this season.

I’m not sure he would have guaranteed us top 2, but I believe we may have finished with a few extra points on the board.

20 minutes ago, maxjam said:

IIRC there was something in the Telegraph about not being able to recall players you sent out on loan - therefore we can't use Chris Martin and Chelsea can't recall Mount/Tomori etc

Are Chelsea in the playoffs? 

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

What one player do you think could have made the difference in us finishing 6th and pushing for the top 2 - keep it realistic, no Messi/Ronaldo etc and cost no more than a 1m/2m.

I'll start... Tammy Abraham 20+ goals would have given us a similar goal difference to Sheffield United and hopefully similar points.

? ... ? ... ? ?

Archived