Suns out, let’s get out all our noisy garden equipment and fill the air with petrol fumes

David

Why?

Why can’t you just wipe the bird crap off a deckchair and relax in the sun.

Wait until it’s cooler, overcast, maybe a chance of rain before disrupting the peace whilst everyone is indoors huddled in front of the TV.

One finishes, and another rolls out an even noisier piece of equipment, battle of the alpha males. 

Just like Christmas where they try to outdo each other with the largest inflatable Santa you can import from China.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Working nightshifts 2 out of every 4 weeks means now is the best time to get jobs done and the weekends can be kept free for football and drinks.

If you’ve come looking for sympathy then you’ve come to the wrong place 

I completely agree with this. I get home and want to enjoy my garden with the sounds of birds etc not power tools. We have a tree surgeon lives a few doors down and he saws up logs and uses one of those bark chipper devises in his yard. It’s annoying. 

7 hours ago, ketteringram said:

Is nobody out at work? 

Not me gave it up years ago.

Much prefer hearing the noise that comes from a couple of lawnmowers, than suffering the constant drone of heavy industrial machinery for eight hours a day. Even a busy office can be more noisier than a few bits of gardening equipment. 

10 hours ago, Boycie said:

My lawn is like Jordan’s knockers actually Ralph.

Massive?

dried up?

smells of cheese?

Archived