Leeds away Pubs

1 hour ago, Drysalters said:

Alright lads. Was just browsing through this thread and thought I’d sign up just to help.

Drysalters. It’s the only away friendly pub near the ground. Always full of away fans on matchday and no more than a 10 minute walk from the ground, I actually drink in there because it’s convenient. The city will be crawling with Leeds for this game so wouldn’t recommend it if you’re in colours, well, not if you want a beer in peace. 

Looks like Drysalters then. I’ll be there for 3pm ish...I’ve a “thirst like a dredger” as Dylan Thomas remarked. ?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're arriving on train, my advice is a) don't wear colours & b) go out the back of the train station (go to stairs at top of platform 15/16 & head out left down the new station extension) - there's an area there called Granary Wharf with a few nice pubs (Hop, Archies, Candle Bar) that will have Leeds fans there but the not the hardcore. The idiots tend to congregate in the pubs at the front of the train station, mainly Scarborough Taps/Head of Steam/Wetherspoons in the station. The Leeds supporters buses to the ground go from 300/400m down from Scarborough Taps

If you're arriving by car/coach, best off having a drink in the ground. I don't live far from Elland Road & I can't think of anywhere near to the ground that would be anything other than hostile. Ordinary league match, might be able to go & have some craic - playoff semi, probably not.

8 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

If you're arriving on train, my advice is a) don't wear colours & b) go out the back of the train station (go to stairs at top of platform 15/16 & head out left down the new station extension) - there's an area there called Granary Wharf with a few nice pubs (Hop, Archies, Candle Bar) that will have Leeds fans there but the not the hardcore. The idiots tend to congregate in the pubs at the front of the train station, mainly Scarborough Taps/Head of Steam/Wetherspoons in the station. The Leeds supporters buses to the ground go from 300/400m down from Scarborough Taps

If you're arriving by car/coach, best off having a drink in the ground. I don't live far from Elland Road & I can't think of anywhere near to the ground that would be anything other than hostile. Ordinary league match, might be able to go & have some craic - playoff semi, probably not.

What about Drysalters @LeedsCityRam? Places to park near that pub?? I’ll arrive circa 3-30 by car...advice? 

16 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

What about Drysalters @LeedsCityRam? Places to park near that pub?? I’ll arrive circa 3-30 by car...advice? 

I've never ever been in but I'd be surprised if it was an 'away pub' as the Leeds fan on here suggests - it always looks a bit rough & ready to me. Its on the main drag as you head down to White Rose but I have seen a bit of post-match brawling not too far from there. Even if the boozer is away-friendly, the stroll up the hill to Elland Road probably won't be! Majority of Leeds fans are sound but there will be idiots unfortunately.

Most of the surrounding areas around there should be fine to park, might be reasonably busy with work parking etc - try Manor Mill Lane if you're getting there early.

14 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I've never ever been in but I'd be surprised if it was an 'away pub' as the Leeds fan on here suggests - it always looks a bit rough & ready to me. Its on the main drag as you head down to White Rose but I have seen a bit of post-match brawling not too far from there. Even if the boozer is away-friendly, the stroll up the hill to Elland Road probably won't be! Majority of Leeds fans are sound but there will be idiots unfortunately.

Most of the surrounding areas around there should be fine to park, might be reasonably busy with work parking etc - try Manor Mill Lane if you're getting there early.

Cheers @LeedsCityRam. ?

Went to the Drysalters a few seasons ago having been told it was the away pub. Was full of Leeds. Got ignored at the bar. Wasn’t friendly. Also, the Hop under the arches will be full of loud Leeds fans. Better pubs in the city centre away from the station. Whitelocks is a good historic pub. 

Best would be Howard’s bar in the away end. Park in the large car parks near the ground, near the away end too..

Archived