This is why I don’t like Leeds

Curtains

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember going through there on the train when my son had only just learned to read. As the train pulled into the station he turned to me and said 'Dad, dirty Leeds'. That moment was my highlight of fatherhood - all been downhill from there.

Despite my aging years ( and those of my mainly North East colleagues), we still play 5 a side every Tuesday evening, followed by a visit to the pub to discuss all things football etc.

We've been doing that since I came up here in 1983. A couple of weeks ago, I (allegedly) was ranting on about Revie, Clarke, Giles, Bremner and probably the rest. One of my “mates” said..” you’ve been droning on about Revie for 35 years....isn’t it time you got over it, let it go?”

He doesn’t get it, does he?

1 hour ago, HorsforthRam said:

I’ve actually met Norman Hunter a few times socially. He’s quite a nice bloke tbh. Sorry!

Roy McFarland used to room with him on England duty and reckons he was lovely and they got on brilliant and was a great laugh in the old card games etc .  That didn't transmit to Derby/Leeds matches where Hunter told him he was a dead man if he came into his part of the pitch and used to try and break him in half on a regular basis . After the match best mates again .   He think's quite highly of him .

3 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

I’ve actually met Norman Hunter a few times socially. He’s quite a nice bloke tbh. Sorry!

Hate to say I must agree with this, top top guy! Doubt I'd be able to say the same for Biesla though...has he ever smiled?

Tell you what. We’ve always got a sense of regret for clough leaving is to go to forest and win those European cups. But I always forget he went to Leeds first. They must be super gutted they got rid of him after 7 weeks. Who had the last laugh there. 

If cloigh had been given the backing he wanted, I bet he would’ve turned them into a well liked club, with European trophies galore and a history to be proud of. 

Instead, look at them now. 

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I’ve lived there for a year and I thought my hatred for the scummy lot couldn’t get any higher, that was until their tactics on the officials on Saturday as well as their constant professional fouls. Dirty cheating scumbags

Lol, give it a ducking rest.

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Tell you what. We’ve always got a sense of regret for clough leaving is to go to forest and win those European cups. But I always forget he went to Leeds first. They must be super gutted they got rid of him after 7 weeks. Who had the last laugh there. 

If cloigh had been given the backing he wanted, I bet he would’ve turned them into a well liked club, with European trophies galore and a history to be proud of. 

Instead, look at them now. 

They wouldn't have wanted that. It's difficult to constantly play the victim when you're actually successful.

Archived