1 nil Leeds, not all bad

If we were going to Elland Road 1 nil up, id probably be as concerned as I am now.

We saw last year, 1 nil up against Fulham, we became too tempted to defend the lead for 90 minutes and it failed.

I honestly think Lamps would have done the same going to Elland Road even with a 1 nil lead.

The current score line means we MUST come out at Leeds and play, we get one goal and I honestly think their heads would drop. I kinda feel a bit better this year than I did last year, I just knew we were going to balls it up, whereas this time I genuinely feel there is a chance.

It's going to be a tough ask and it really is going to put Lampards tactical nouse to the test, but all we can do is back them and believe.

Is it Wednesday evening yet?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If we were going to Elland Road 1 nil up, id probably be as concerned as I am now.

We saw last year, 1 nil up against Fulham, we became too tempted to defend the lead for 90 minutes and it failed.

I honestly think Lamps would have done the same going to Elland Road even with a 1 nil lead.

The current score line means we MUST come out at Leeds and play, we get one goal and I honestly think their heads would drop. I kinda feel a bit better this year than I did last year, I just knew we were going to balls it up, whereas this time I genuinely feel there is a chance.

It's going to be a tough ask and it really is going to put Lampards tactical nouse to the test, but all we can do is back them and believe.

If Lampard doesn't think of a way of counterattacking Leeds methods of neutralising us yesterday over the next 3 days then it'll be the same outcome.

No pressure Frank.

30 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm quite enjoying these few days of imagining what might happen, Wednesday is last roll of the dice so these few days leading up to it we can all enjoy what could be 

Sith Happens

Its going to feel great beating them on their own turf. Ripping victory away will be sweet. 

29 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

If Lampard doesn't think of a way of counterattacking Leeds methods of neutralising us yesterday over the next 3 days then it'll be the same outcome.

No pressure Frank.

Yes very difficult one. Can't see with the players available to Frank, how he can change anything. Don't like to say it, but Bielsa has Derby sussed. 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That’s exactly how I felt when we were 1-0 up in the last game against WBA.  Thought we’d sit back and try to defend the lead.  Actually think West Brom equalising early 2nd half was the best thing that could have happened...... we’d have conceded 1 at some point so better when we had time to shake it off and get our arse into gear.  Onto a Elland Road ?

We’ve just given them a customary 1 goal headstart. It’s the Derby way. 

I kind of feel similar to what I did last season. That a loss is inevitable. But I also have a slight glimmer of hope. I know this team has got another old Trafford or Stamford Bridge in it. If only we can just tap into that. Take it to penos, and it’s as good as ours. 

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

We’ve just given them a customary 1 goal headstart. It’s the Derby way. 

I kind of feel similar to what I did last season. That a loss is inevitable. But I also have a slight glimmer of hope. I know this team has got another old Trafford or Stamford Bridge in it. If only we can just tap into that. Take it to penos, and it’s as good as ours. 

Exactly this.

Part of me wants it out the way so i can either concentrate on life a little bit or get excited for Wembley with no thought for anything else for the next couple of weeks.

During the game I almost forgot that I felt before kick off that if we were to go to Elland Road within one goal of them I would not be disappointed.

Post game I was disappointed, not so much the scoreline.

More that we did not totally do ourselves credit, and that gutless referee not having the courage of his convictions.

Not sure why some on here are that pessimistic, no two legs are guaranteed to be the same. If we turn up on Wednesday night it’s still all to play for as far as I’m concerned. Definitely still game on!!!

Winning on Weds will be even sweeter having lost the first leg, that is the emotion we should be focusing on, only way we can look at it now. I agree with FL and his recent interview, we have to believe we can beat Leeds at ER. Fans and team alike. We can save the post-mortem until after the match, if we know one thing about this team its that if they turn up we know they can beat anyone in this league. Get a goal and get their palms sweating.

Archived