Next season - if we don't go up.

DCFC Ram

7 minutes ago, superzak said:

All this speculation could change again if Frank leaves pre season. He is 6/1 second favourite for the Brighton job. Hope he stays and finishes the job hes started.

I really hope he stays but the Brighton thing concerns me ,I’m sure they would love to nab him from us and they are prem next season and a spit from london ,, 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, superzak said:

All this speculation could change again if Frank leaves pre season. He is 6/1 second favourite for the Brighton job. Hope he stays and finishes the job hes started.

He would be stupid to leave us for Brighton. There's unfinished business here whereas Brighton could be relegated come this time next year

38 minutes ago, Archied said:

I really hope he stays but the Brighton thing concerns me ,I’m sure they would love to nab him from us and they are prem next season and a spit from london ,, 

17 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

He would be stupid to leave us for Brighton. There's unfinished business here whereas Brighton could be relegated come this time next year

Yes but he has moved his family up here hasnt he and the mrs just goes down to London for work when she needs to....Derby is much more central for other places too like Manchester if she needs to go there for work 

3 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Well our current best first 11 is what started against West Brom. Out of that we lose the three loaness and potentially Roos (Personally I hope he signs and we bring in someone above him). So the priorty has to be replacing them. After that I'd say the easy areas to look to improve in that 11 would be on Johnson (which we've already done) and Roos. Then from there Id look at three things; cover for Bogle and move on Wisdom, sort out the Mariott situation (either get him back on board or moved on), another option at cm and maybe another new cb. That would give a rough squad of 

GK: New, Roos/Carson (choose one)

RB: Bogle, New 

CB: Keogh, Davies, New, New 

LB: Malone, Lowe/Fozzy (If fit)

DM: Shinnie, Hudds, Evans (might convert to CB)

AM: Holmes, New, New 

RW: New, Bennett

LW: Lawrence, Jozefsoon

CF: Waghorn, Mariott/New 

Gives us a manageable tight squad that can be supported by the academy (some of the academy might end up stepping up into those "new" slots)

I would say from this list that Davies is too old, Hudds will move abroad and Malone, Lawrence and Josefzoon aren't good enough.

Centre half and midfield cover the priority. Lots of nice to haves but that depends on outgoings.

We definitely need physically stronger players who don't get levered off the ball. We saw the potential of Mount and Wilson against West Brom, where they were given room but in this division you will get closed down by a pack.

I'm not advocating thugs, just chunkier ball players. We need to decide what forwards we want and what service they require. This will shape our blend of wide v narrow midfield targets.

I hope Tomori stays. I also think it might be time Keogh tried elsewhere. Even though he's been a great servant he's associated with our failures and surely he must be fed up with near misses?

I would not be surprised if the Swansea manager is quickly appointed by Brighton. Good news for us if so as he showed signs of turning Swansea into a top Championship side in the 2nd half of the season. I would see Lampard / Morris eventually getting the Chelsea job. Lampard / Morris might step into a job somewhere between us and them; they might not. It's 50/50 on him staying with us for a couple of seasons in my opinion.

On 12/05/2019 at 19:42, Shorty389 said:

I'd hope that we could get tomori on loan again or by him, but we would need to sell a couple.... 

Roos for me has to be our number 1, he has been much better than Carson for us (I like Carson but he isn't as good with his feet and imo just boots the ball as far as he can with no real aim) 

Marriott - If he is playing to the same standard as he was at the start of the season then keep him  but if hes going to carry on like he has been recently I'd rather see some of derbys youngsters get the chance....

After a very successful season, Tomori is out of our price range, I'm afraid. 

I would say we should aim for something like this:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori/new  New

Shinnie /Evans

New   New /Holmes /Sibley

Wilson/New  Marriott /Waghorn  Lawrence /Jozefoon 

I hope we get a new left back and a quality box to box midfielder, I don't want to see Johnson play for us again he is simply not good enough , the same can be said about Malone going off his performance on Saturday but overall he hasn't been that bad but still not good enough for a promotion side. I also think its time for Huddlestone to go, we may get a fee for him and it would free up some wages and help provide room for further spending. Ideally I'd like to see us sign Dack and Bowen but it is not football manager and our days of buying whichever  players we want from this league were blown by Clement.

Sorry miss read, i thought topic was if we do go up ?!!

if we dont, i do worry for us! Im also not the biggest fan of mel morris, dont like what hes doing! I havent posted for a while and havent been reading old threads so theres probs a mel morris one somewhere!

Winning the u18s prem is promising, whether that can be brought through to the senior team i dont know! Although having jody morris and lampard in charge i reckon theyll do a decent job of trying!

Do worry about chelsea coming for them though! If sarri goes and they do a u-turn and want to develop there kids (heard they might get a transfer ban?) then they must be looking at jody morris surely? 

Some big decisions next season and lots of potential for change. 

Keeper: Presumably roos will sign on and displace carson. Carson and Mitchell could go. Ravas or barnes out on loan. New reserve keeper is possible.

left back - Neither lowe nor malone have really shown enough altho frank seems to like lowe (?). Cole likely to retire. Macdonald or lowe in reserve, the other out on loan. can't really see anyone buying Malone which would be a pre-requisite before any new signing. Fozzy injured. Olsson released. 

Right back. wisdom out. He seems not to be a frank lampard type of player. Bogle to stay. Gordon - loan spell or released.

Central defence needs new investment. If keogh gets the chance of a prem move then let him go. Doubt whether that will happen now. Maybe evans should switch permanently to centre back, we are short of players in this position with not alot in reserve. Fozzy could switch to centre back. Presumably Davies stays. We need at least one new player due to the age of these players.

Holding - shinnie in. I'd like to see elsnik retained although it seems unlikely. Thorne doesn't seem to be wanted either. Johnno, bryson, and huddz all out of contract. Maybe another newbie if evans shifts to centre back and elsnik goes, altho I think bryson will end up staying for one more year. So might johnno or huddz. 

centre mid - holmes plus another new signing. Bird and sibley in reserve

wide - thomas and mitchell-lawson in reserve, although that might not now suit thomas.  Decision time re lawrence. Might need one new player.  A natural left footer is surely an absolute must. Anya and McAllister probably go.  Babos out?

no9 - waghorn and bennett in reserve. I can see marriott leaving, Nuge released, and Martin forever in limbo poor bugger. Cresswell out on loan. Whittaker moving up to the u23s. 

another busy Summer.

60/40 frank to stay, but not guaranteed. 

23 minutes ago, Saity said:

I would love to see us sign Tomori permanently if it’s an option and the price is realistic 

If the price is in any way realistic, based on quality & age, there's no way we'd be able to afford him.

Archived