Thank you DCFCfans.

Rev

I'd just like to say a massive thank you to all those who contribute their time to put this forum online.

As a Rams fan living in a sea of Red Dogs, it's literally the only chance I get to engage with other Derby fans other than fleeting conversations with fans around the ground or in the pubs of Derby afterwards. I admit, I look around enviously at the group's catching the same bus as me to the ground talking about the next away day, where they're meeting up, what pub they'll watch the 2nd leg in etc, this forum is literally the next best thing.

As such, I was gutted that the forum went down last night at such a crucial moment, but then I thought of the fellow fans, chiefly @David I assume, who had to put things to one side and engineer a way out of it, and I realised what a special place this is. It must have been a nightmare, yet you worked through it.

We have fans who will go out of their way to help one another, @mozza who runs a prediction league for no gain other than the enjoyment of others, not to mention the moderators who give up their time to make the place tick.

@Boycie, @uttoxram75, @Kernow, @GboroRam, @rynny, @Duracell, take a bow, many thanks for all your hard work, it's much appreciated by this fan, and many others no doubt.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'd just like to say a massive thank you to all those who contribute their time to put this forum online.

As a Rams fan living in a sea of Red Dogs, it's literally the only chance I get to engage with other Derby fans other than fleeting conversations with fans around the ground or in the pubs of Derby afterwards. I admit, I look around enviously at the group's catching the same bus as me to the ground talking about the next away day, where they're meeting up, what pub they'll watch the 2nd leg in etc, this forum is literally the next best thing.

As such, I was gutted that the forum went down last night at such a crucial moment, but then I thought of the fellow fans, chiefly @David I assume, who had to put things to one side and engineer a way out of it, and I realised what a special place this is. It must have been a nightmare, yet you worked through it.

We have fans who will go out of their way to help one another, @mozza who runs a prediction league for no gain other than the enjoyment of others, not to mention the moderators who give up their time to make the place tick.

@Boycie, @uttoxram75, @Kernow, @GboroRam, @rynny, @Duracell, take a bow, many thanks for all your hard work, it's much appreciated by this fan, and many others no doubt.

If you ever want a pre match routine mate, you’re more than welcome to join me, my mate and my lad for a drink. Been in the fan park more recently, seen @Ellafella in there and also @RamNut

Loads more I assume, offers there.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

I thought this was going to be one of those thankyou and goodbye posts, glad it isnt.

The list of admins was collated in an earlier post, so I thought I'd post it now while still fresh.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

If you ever want a pre match routine mate, you’re more than welcome to join me, my mate and my lad for a drink. Been in the fan park more recently, seen @Ellafella in there and also @RamNut

Loads more I assume, offers there.

I think that I may have clocked you at Brighton boycie but it was in the crowd from a bit of a distance so didn't get the chance to test. 

Were you pretty much behind  the goal near the front with a youngster (your lad I assume)?

You big softy.

Appreciate the words and apologies again for last night, timing could not have been worse. 

We had 2 extensions which were conflicting with each other, whilst the high traffic triggered the issue it wasn't the cause.

Despite myself and the server support team all working on it, took some time to figure out.

I'm confident we have fixed it now and will be on Wednesday night monitoring the server right up to kick off and one eye on through the game.

23 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Well done,I trust David pays you a

decent wage?

Hope you’re doing ok Rev?

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I think that I may have clocked you at Brighton boycie but it was in the crowd from a bit of a distance so didn't get the chance to test. 

Were you pretty much behind  the goal near the front with a youngster (your lad I assume)?

I have doppelgängers in every town me, it’s freaky how many times I’m recognised from places I’ve never been. Unfortunately it wasn’t me, it was my stand in ?

Once got made to be involved in a group picture of teen girls on the beach in Alcudia as they were convinced I was a popular German comedian. I didn’t mention the war btw. 

I researched who he was after and it was uncanny in certain pictures. He had blue eyes though, mine are come to bed brown.?

48 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I know it's a bit out of the way but you're always welcome to join us lot from the Wiggy in Burton mate. Home and away. There must be groups that go to home and away games from Nottingham too?

11 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I know it's a bit out of the way but you're always welcome to join us lot from the Wiggy in Burton mate. Home and away. There must be groups that go to home and away games from Nottingham too?

Thank you, really kind which I'd expect from you, I'm happy enough plowing my own furrow.

Ditto to all of that.

I live 200 miles away from Pride Park. Only Derby fan I know who lives anywhere near me is my Mum.

So thank you also, this forum is brilliant, as are the people on it (even if everyone thinks I'm a see you next Tuesday). 

As promised, I went straight to the pub after the game and had a few, so I completely missed the downtime.

Came home rather late and a bit tipsy. However, as every matchday , I read the whole matchday thread before sleeping. I was grateful it was mercifully short until I realised why. 

I really enjoy the forum and the fact that in the main, we all treat each other with respect and I think, a little affection too! 

I have been a bit snippy today - I  don't like losing and am a bit hung over - but I know that I will be forgiven because I am part of a community.

Have only ever met two of you in real time but if ever you see me at a game and think it might be me, come and say hello @reveldevil. Or anyone else for that matter! 

14 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Ditto to all of that.

I live 200 miles away from Pride Park. Only Derby fan I know who lives anywhere near me is my Mum.

So thank you also, this forum is brilliant, as are the people on it (even if everyone thinks I'm a see you next Tuesday). 

Love that - you and your mum! 

30 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Thank you, really kind which I'd expect from you, I'm happy enough plowing my own furrow.

Thank you and fair enough, I enjoy my own time too. If you're ever at an away game just let me know and I'll join you for a pint if you want. I left my Burton lot at Sheffield Wednesday to meet @coneheadjohn and met back up with them later. Was a cracking day!

I’m not an obsessive visitor and I do have lengthy absences when someone particularly makes me angry. This is because forums should be fun in my opinion and if it’s making me angry it’s time to step away. But when I return it’s always still going and getting stronger. We’re not a bad lot really are we, us Derby fans? 

As many know, i am a foreign based Derby fan who has yet to have the good fortune and opportunity to attend a match, although i am hopeful of remedying that unsatisfactory situation before too long.  Without this fine forum i would have no connection to Derby fans whatsoever and thus i am exceedingly grateful for it's existence.  Do carry on.

Excuse my overly elaborate text.  Been binging on Sherlock Holmes as of late.

10 minutes ago, ramit said:

As many know, i am a foreign based Derby fan who has yet to have the good fortune and opportunity to attend a match, although i am hopeful of remedying that unsatisfactory situation before too long.  Without this fine forum i would have no connection to Derby fans whatsoever and thus i am exceedingly grateful for it's existence.  Do carry on.

Excuse my overly elaborate text.  Been binging on Sherlock Holmes as of late.

Please don't ask us to join you in the Brunny unless you're actually going to turn up. I felt a bit like a lemon standing in there on my own last time. ?

Im here representing all those on here not in the incrowd...whose with me...thought not ...i will type on my own..type on my own...DCFC fans i will type on my own lol sorry been on me 12 hr nights at the Royal and im now enjoying a can or 2 ...p.s all you Ram fans going on wednesday hope you have a crackin night out and a Rams victory over the Dirty weeds...coyr

Archived