Evictions

angieram

I never understand when people use the words "provoked" or "goaded"

Like, no! Just no! Your a grown adult who is responsible for your own actions, there is 0 excuse for punching someone (unless in the event of self defence or a robbery).

Obviously there shouldnt have  been away fans at the home end, but baffles me how people are justifying some of our fans attacking the leeds fan who celebrated the goal

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a Leeds fan and his family sat in front of us. Lives local, he was fine. No trouble at all. No big celebrations when Leeds scored and nice enough to chat to before the match and at half time. 

Shame theres always some that spoil it though. Far more trouble with Leeds than we get with any other club though (with the exception of possibly forest sometimes) 

A simple way to stop all this would have been to put a stop on getting customer numbers from April onwards. Then if you need one make the person who requested it bring in some identification so if there is any trouble he can be banned and information passed onto Leeds.

7 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Let’s look at it from another angle. If I were to go to Elland Road and sit behind the goal. Derby score and I jump up does anyone think the Leeds fans will pat me on the back and say bravo old bean..??

Not sure its relevant. We are talking about the actions of Derby fans yesterday. 

We can't say its ok for that behavour because Leeds fans "might" do it next week. 

5 minutes ago, Gritters said:

A simple way to stop all this would have been to put a stop on getting customer numbers from April onwards. Then if you need one make the person who requested it bring in some identification so if there is any trouble he can be banned and information passed onto Leeds.

Yes, or, if you dont have a purchase history for this season you cant buy one for high profile games. Loads of clubs do it. 

5 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I imagine Leeds fans will have them already, they sell out most weeks and probably could a few times over. They've been doing this for years. 

If you celebrate in the home end then you run the risk but let's not pretend Derby fans are innocent here either. There were Derby fans running from other blocks to get involved. 

Both sides have idiots. 

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I imagine Leeds fans will have them already, they sell out most weeks and probably could a few times over. They've been doing this for years. 

If you celebrate in the home end then you run the risk but let's not pretend Derby fans are innocent here either. There were Derby fans running from other blocks to get involved. 

Both sides have idiots. 

True, but its pretty bloody obvious if they have a fan ID but only ever buy tickets for Leeds games.... 

16 minutes ago, Shorty389 said:

We had a Leeds fan and his family sat in front of us. Lives local, he was fine. No trouble at all. No big celebrations when Leeds scored and nice enough to chat to before the match and at half time. 

Shame theres always some that spoil it though. Far more trouble with Leeds than we get with any other club though (with the exception of possibly forest sometimes) 

Should have kicked his head in. He "deserves all he gets" apparently. At least smack one of the family. 

20 minutes ago, Shorty389 said:

Which stand Shorty? Possibly my brother and his family. Dont punch him anyone please but its ok to chuck popcorn or crisps at him. You can tell him you know me. 

Just now, StockholmRam said:

Which stand Shorty? Possibly my brother and his family. Dont punch him anyone please but its ok to chuck popcorn or crisps at him. You can tell him you know me. 

East stand right at the front 

2 minutes ago, Shorty389 said:

True, but its pretty bloody obvious if they have a fan ID but only ever buy tickets for Leeds games.... 

I dunno, it's probably our biggest match after the Forest home leg. Over the past decade or so it's been one of the few to sell out and you can physically see some of the older boys come out for this game. I still think it would be tough to separate using that logic IMO. I'm not sure you can really stop it.

2 hours ago, Gritters said:

I won’t be wearing colours on Wednesday although I’m not planning on causing and trouble either.

I'll be wearing my colours on Wednesday i couldn't give a toss about the Yorkshire puddings they don't scare me,and if the missus don't like it she can sod off into the back room and watch the other tv.

1 minute ago, ketteringram said:

I've taken a Bristol city fan to see us play them, making use of the wife's season ticket, as she won't do midweek. games. West stand. We won 4-0. With each goal, he just stood up and clapped politely. Fitted in perfectly. 

You should have smacked him. Grrr. Even though you invited him. 

11 minutes ago, Shorty389 said:

Just like me. My Forest id has a purchase history of 1 game per season.

1 minute ago, CWC1983 said:

Just like me. My Forest id has a purchase history of 1 game per season.

I can do some home ends but I could never do that one! 

If you've got that sort of restraint then fair play. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I was watching that from west stand. I thought and our fans AND stewards were disgusting.

there were numerous people  on the row behind trying to attack and thump the Leeds fan as the stewards dragged him out. None of those Derby fans were ejected. They took him down the steps towards the ground level where another Derby fan had appeared and was waiting, and landed a real haymaker as the Leeds fan arrived at that spot and again the stewards did nothing.

he looked like a normal fan who just happened to be sat in north stand. Maybe he was there with a Derby fan friend, who knows? But i have been in away grounds in with the home / opposition fans on occasion and you would not expect to be attacked just because you supported the away team.

no more stories about Rotherham stewards please. Ours were pathetic. 

Idiot gets dog piled, laws of evolution in action, such is life. I sat in home ends for the best part of the 90s watching Derby, my dad never liked sitting behind the goal so we always went halfway line. We never even murmured when Derby scored (wasn't often admittedly). Funnily enough we never once had any bother. Had some good banter in lower charged games as well where you could talk Derby but be respectful. I can't imagine what tool would get tickets in a sell-out home game, displace home fans in getting the ticket in the first place and then celebrate an opponents goal to boot. 

4 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

I can't imagine what tool would get tickets in a sell-out home game, displace home fans in getting the ticket in the first place and then celebrate an opponents goal to boot. 

Erm, a stupid leeds one ? 

Really got to feel sorry for those poor innocent leeds fans celebrating in the home end and getting a slap!

Walking from the ground inbetween the Derby arena and the Merlin roundabout, about 20 leeds singing and mocking the Derby fans. One Derby fan sings a Derby song and 4 leeds cross the road and attack him whilst the police are walking on about 30 yards ahead and taking no notice of all the shouting going on behind them. 

I had my grandson with me and his safety is my first priority otherwise it would have been tempting to roll the clock back 30 years and go help the lad getting attacked.

Archived