Cheer up

Taribo

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.

Overall, I am happy with our season, but I'd love to know what evidence you've seen across three fixtures of being dicked on by Leeds that makes you think things might be different on Wednesday.

Leeds weren't that good, Derby weren't that bad, 1-0 down isn't that disastrous, but...

Why did he start Nugent in such a key game? If we did a poll before the game that said who you start Nugent yes or no, I can't imagine many fans would say yes. It's as if Lampard is trying to make a point to someone.

If Lampard can swallow his pride and pick a Marriott on Wednesday we may have a better chance, if Nugent is in the starting line up again it is curtains.

17 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Leeds weren't that good, Derby weren't that bad, 1-0 down isn't that disastrous, but...

Why did he start Nugent in such a key game? If we did a poll before the game that said who you start Nugent yes or no, I can't imagine many fans would say yes. It's as if Lampard is trying to make a point to someone.

If Lampard can swallow his pride and pick a Marriott on Wednesday we may have a better chance, if Nugent is in the starting line up again it is curtains.

I agree that Nugent is not our best option but we could have had Messi upfront today and he wouldn’t have got a kick.

Lawrence and Wilson were static once again and never supported either the front man or our midfield. Johnson had a poor game and Mount didn’t.get into it for an hour. Bogle got forward only once we were behind and Malone had one of his timid giraffe days.

We didn’t lose because of Nugent. We lost because we didn’t work hard enough either to find space or to close them down.. They were far stronger in possession of the ball and their control was better.

I agree Marriott should start but unless the whole team improves it won’t make a jot of difference.

8 hours ago, Taribo said:

Christ lads, we weren’t dreadful today, it’s halftime and we’re one nill down, plenty left to play for and to be fair Leeds didn’t look that good at the back.

keep the faith! 

I’m happy enough - we aren’t good enough, Leeds will finish the job on Wednesday but then Villa will break their hearts at Wembley and I will laugh at all those dirty Yorkshire scummers as the Sky cameras zoom in on them slumped in their seats in tears. 

2 hours ago, Anon said:

No.

Overall, I am happy with our season, but I'd love to know what evidence you've seen across three fixtures of being dicked on by Leeds that makes you think things might be different on Wednesday.

A gut feeling, this isn’t finished yet. Twists and turns aplenty to come. 

2 hours ago, Anon said:

I'd love to know what evidence you've seen across three fixtures of being dicked on by Leeds that makes you think things might be different on Wednesday

Well there's none. 

But if you'd be open to a wider pool of data than just those 3 fixtures then you might find some evidence to show that this Derby team are capable of pulling off some exceptional performances at unexpected times.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Nugent and Curtains up front? Change of formation 3 5 2?

It win win really. If we win that’s good. If they win we can watch them cry at Wembley when the get beat. If that doesn’t happen we can watch them getting thumped and arguing amongst themselves next season when they can’t beat Burnley. 

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would have started with Marriott but if you think playing him instead of Nugent yesterday would have made a difference then you're wrong.  We misfired because of the lack of cohesion between Wilson, Mount, Lawrence, Johnson and to a lesser extent Holmes. 

10 hours ago, Taribo said:

Christ lads, we weren’t dreadful today, it’s halftime and we’re one nill down, plenty left to play for and to be fair Leeds didn’t look that good at the back.

keep the faith! 

They didn’t look good at the back and yet we never troubled them,,I applaud your optimism but if we can’t trouble a weak defence then the answer is right before your eyes.

if no Waghorn then we have to use Marriott and find another way to beat these, Nugent is not the answer but in all fairness he isn’t the same type of player as Waghorn. 

I think we have the tools to win the game but Frank has to use them first

14 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Agreed Nugent not much of a threat, but a lot of other players need to massively up their game. 

Archived