Leeds United v Derby County play off semi final second leg

They’re not getting over being beaten by the better team are they!? Fans forum all talking Villa over us but really they want to say they have the divine right to promotion. The history books will show they had their chance and blew it over 46 games and ducked it up royally against us when the pressure was on, even at 2-0 up on aggregate. If you have a clown for a goalkeeper and a CD who clearly hasn’t been introduced to his team mates then Bielsa ain’t the manager everyone cracks him up to be. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twas truly a thing of beauty. Revenge being a dish best served cold. Some of you younger ones dont like them for spygate, taunting chants etc. Us older ones have a pathalogical hatred for them since the 1970s. Too many reasons to mention. There are plenty of books about it. But to see them lying there on the grass, beaten, humbled, crying, cancelling booked hotels and train journeys.... for 50 years Ive seen us play in some remarkable games but nothing, nowt, nada, zip gave me more satisfaction than this win. 

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Just seen a video of the boys singing Sweet Caroline at ******* Rd. I think Forsyth is in it?

I thought I spotted him in the away end too? 

They were all singing it on the coach back to Derby too, several players Instagram stories had videos.... followed by que sera sera 

On 19/05/2019 at 10:02, thederbyram said:

Going to re-watch today. Is there anywhere I can watch the full Sky programme? I'm still not convinced by the RamsTV comms...

If you have Sky & Sky Sports you can download the whole thing on demand (provided you have your Sky box connected to The Internet).

It will probably only be on there for a few more days though.

19 hours ago, Alpha said:

Just seen a video of the boys singing Sweet Caroline at ******* Rd. I think Forsyth is in it?

I thought I spotted him in the away end too? 

Yes, definitely Fozzy, in a light coloured jacket. He is in the corner of the Don't Cry FL one, too. He's just so quiet, I am pleased to see all the injured squad players involved.

It made me laugh that they all got to the game late, just like many of the rest of us fans!

What I’m finding refreshing and pleasurable is that nobody in the media is dissing us for finishing 6th, some 9 pts behind Leeds. Usually if 6th beats 3rd the media start bleating about the playoffs being unfair. I remember sheff wed beating Brighton a few years back and the media (especially Talksport) went on and on how the playoffs weren’t fair. 

I think our 2nd half performance last Wednesday showed fight and desire to its upmost and has won quite a few over ?

Being from where I live also being ex forces and sub contracting all over the country I have a lot of Leeds supporting mates and contacts, after the game last Wednesday I got quite a few messages saying well done, good luck in the final blah blah the normal friendly 1 line things you say to a mate from a rival........it occurred to me today I’ve not heard sight or sound WHATSOEVER from any of them since last Thursday ???

If my maths are correct, Leeds gained an average of 1.96 points per league game in the 27 matches played pre spygate, and 1.53 points per game in the 19 post spygate.

Obviously there may be other factors related to the drop off in points per game such as fatigue as the season goes on, but if their early and mid season advantage was due to having knowledge of other teams' tactics and set up before the games, then next season will be interesting to see how they try and get back to this form.

Just got off the phone for a clinical trial application in Leeds. During the conversation, the guy asked if I have any tattoos and I said I'm planning on getting one if Derby get promoted. Turns out he's a Leeds fan and that I'd just brought back some painful memories.

Archived