Leeds United v Derby County play off semi final second leg

42 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Radio Derby commentary - first 3 mins are (ever so slightly biased) match highlights ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p079c06c

Quoting myself but for those that haven't listened, this is whats said from 2m25s - 2m 40s;

"Have some of that

"Put your binoculars away

"Get back in your hedge, Derby County are at Wembley!

"Forget marching on together, the Rams march to the arch begins now"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JfR said:

Ever seen dozens of people seething with rage about a handshake before? No?
Check the comments here:

Haha! You know if I was a player I'd struggle with any hand shaking before the game. We're not friends. I don't wish you luck. I'm here to ruin your day and if you earn my respect by playing fair then I'll shake your hand and buy you a pint after whatever the score. 

I'm more than happy for Leeds to call our club and manager and players whatever they like. Really get stuck in lads. 

It's going to be hard to hear you when we're in London. 

x

10 minutes ago, JfR said:

Check the comments here:

Funny thing is they did shake hands, just on the pitch not the sidelines, it’s not like Frank just brushed him off.

Given what was on the line and everything surrounding the game, your first thought will be the players that just pulled off what everyone had written us off doing. It’s not let me go and shake hands with that rogue. 

Hilarious they are saying he lacks class, surprised they even know what that is.

18 minutes ago, JfR said:

Check the comments here:

Hilarious .   The best thing about it is there thought of our utter devastation if we lose to Villa.   Were experienced campaigners at this lark .  After the injury time goals at QPR.   The must wins against Bristol and West Brom and now beating these dullards it's been fun anyway.   

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Isn't there a place you can compile them all. They're bloody brilliant. 

Maybe an idea for RamsTV @OwenB87? Piece all the footage together that’s coming out from the club into one compilation video with the goals, might need a naughty language warning though, can’t bleep it out. 

I’d even buy a DVD if they were mixed in with the full match, in fact put me down for 2 so I’ve got a backup!

25 minutes ago, David said:

Funny thing is they did shake hands, just on the pitch not the sidelines, it’s not like Frank just brushed him off.

Given what was on the line and everything surrounding the game, your first thought will be the players that just pulled off what everyone had written us off doing. It’s not let me go and shake hands with that rogue. 

Hilarious they are saying he lacks class, surprised they even know what that is.

Class in Leeds is not throwing up before you tongue your sister.

26 minutes ago, David said:

I can’t get enough of these ❤️

Love it......but a bit concerned with the number of our injured players bouncing on hoardings and flimsy Leeds chairs. 

And did Curtis temporarily steal a child to celebrate with?

15 minutes ago, SK47 said:

And it was at this moment, the dirty bin dipping Leeds keeper knew he had F'd up.. 

You could post about 50 different screenshots from that night and you'd be right
The bloke had an absolute disaster of a game

Had to skip the celebrations last night as I am an HGV driver and had to get up at 3.30am. First delivery in Andover and the fork lift truck driver asked me if I’d watched the footy last night as it was brilliant. 

“Errrr I’m from Derby, what do you think?” 

Arll fir such such a young side your football was awesome”!!!

I should have been on a local run but got dumped on by the traffic office, so until that moment I wasn’t happy to be at work! I’ve heard good comments from other parts of the country, and it seems most fans of all persuasions are happy for our win!

I watched in The Yard ( good food!), and was easy either way because 6th is a great finish given all the question marks at the start of the season. I actually expected a 1-0 or 2-0 loss, and wiuldn’t Have minded so long as the Rams went down fighting.

We started well for about 10 - 15 minutes, Leeds did well for about 20 and we finished the half on a high.

Our first goal has cost me a lot of money - we were sat at a side table and I hammered the table with my fists and knocked 3 drinks over which flooded the table and wrecked my daughter’s phone! 

My son had noticed their keeper and defender kept going for the ball just outside the area a couple of times before the goal and again afterwards so may well have been a tactic of ours to keep putting the ball in that area.

For their goal there has been a reaction to suggestions that Leeds anticipated the situation better, but watch as the ball hits our post - it did seem to bounce right to his foot, but that is because he had put himself to be in that place at that time. By contrast our  players are stood watching ball and have to react to the situation instead of anticipating where the ball might go. After all a good proportion of Marriott’s goals have come from anticipation.

The ref decided to stamp his authority on the match very early on by coming in hard with a yellow card. But he got it sooooo wrong it made him look weak. All he could do is start dishing cards out willy nilly, while bottling the major decisions.

He was actually very poor, and should have given Bamford a second yellow card for diving, Phillips sticking his studs into Mount’s groin area should have been a straight red, before Bamford committed two more yellow cards. We could have had a second penalty when Marriott was pulled down. Oh and the first Leeds goal was offside. 

Complements to Frank and Jody for the coaching. Tactics were spot on, including holding Marriott back until he is fit, then watching him exploding back into the game. A number of people have joined the Keogh debate on how he is so important for the club, and noted his big improvement in performance recently. Have Frank and Jody been a part of this noticeable development, since a number other players have clearly benefitted from their input?

Given our recent form, we have the potential to beat Villa in the final. The future looks good, and the present is pretty damm good too!

COME ON YOU RAMS !

Archived