Well Frank, you got it all wrong today...

DanS1992

Really disappointed to read such negativity. Not because I’m against negativity, but I am when it’s not justified.

Today wasn’t great, but this thread reads like 90 minutes of football has undone an entire season.

Also a shame to see some posters taking this as an opportunity to stick the knife in.  Lampard described as not “competent”....bloody hell, if he’s incompetent, I wonder what adjectives are left in the English language to describe the majority of his predecessors.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Really disappointed to read such negativity. Not because I’m against negativity, but I am when it’s not justified.

Today wasn’t great, but this thread reads like 90 minutes of football has undone an entire season.

Also a shame to see some posters taking this as an opportunity to stick the knife in.  Lampard described as not “competent”....bloody hell, if he’s incompetent, I wonder what adjectives are left in the English language to describe the majority of his predecessors.

The problem is that 90 minutes of football unfortunately can define the course of the entire season. 

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

The problem is that 90 minutes of football unfortunately can define the course of the entire season. 

Last weekend could, it decided where we finished. The season is over. This is the play-offs.

How did you enjoy last week?

4 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Last week it was 90 minutes of football that extended our season

I mean technically nothing was decided today. The result could mean nothing at all really. 

Not that I fancy our chances. But we know we have to go and win. No holding on for draw or taking calculated risks. We have 1 game to extend our season now. Like last week

5 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Last weekend could, it decided where we finished. The season is over. This is the play-offs.

How did you enjoy last week?

Yes I understand that my point was that not turning up in the most important home game of the season undoes all the hard work over the course of the season that got us there in the first place. 

I don't expect you to agree with me so lets leave it there before I get accused of orchestrating a witch hunt against Lampard.

Not bothered to read the thread after 1st page as majority are talking out of their back passage.

Sometimes you play teams that are better than you. Sometimes you play against a side that are set up perfectly to stop you.

They were both ,with a manager who has overseen 600 odd matches against Franks 50 odd.

You need to wind your neck in boys.

You're spouting carp

Yes I understand that my point was that not turning up in the most important home game of the season undoes all the hard work over the course of the season that got us there in the first place. 

I don't expect you to agree with me so lets leave it there before I get accused of orchestrating a witch hunt against Lampard.

I wasn’t accusing you of that at all.

I guess it’s a question of mentality. In my mind, this season was all about having something tangible at the end of it; green shoots for the future. Simply being in the playoffs is exactly that for me.

If you want more, which I suspect you do, the today will define your opinion much more than it will do mine.

I guess the frustration comes from some posters only sharing their opinion in defeat or disappointment.

1 minute ago, Duracell said:

I wasn’t accusing you of that at all.

I guess it’s a question of mentality. In my mind, this season was all about having something tangible at the end of it; green shoots for the future. Simply being in the playoffs is exactly that for me.

If you want more, which I suspect you do, the today will define your opinion much more than it will do mine.

I guess the frustration comes from some posters only sharing their opinion in defeat or disappointment.

Fair comment apologies for being hyper sensitive. 

I'm just intensely frustrated that we've engineered to get ourselves in the playoffs with some excellent results against Bristol City and WBA then contrived to pee it all against the wall with that today.  

6 minutes ago, Charlie Dram said:

Not bothered to read the thread after 1st page as majority are talking out of their back passage.

Sometimes you play teams that are better than you. Sometimes you play against a side that are set up perfectly to stop you.

They were both ,with a manager who has overseen 600 odd matches against Franks 50 odd.

You need to wind your neck in boys.

You're spouting carp

So what you're saying is that we should have just given Leeds a bye into the play off final as the result before a ball was kicked was already a fait accompli

3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Fair comment apologies for being hyper sensitive. 

I'm just intensely frustrated that we've engineered to get ourselves in the playoffs with some excellent results against Bristol City and WBA then contrived to pee it all against the wall with that today.  

There’s another half yet - and Elland Road is no fortress this season.

I do get what you mean, today was a frustration. Just wish that we could separate Lampard being outsmarted from Lampard being useless.

I’m sure Bielsa made many rookie errors in his early days in Argentina, but that doesn’t make him a bad coach. He may even have struggled against certain managers early days, like Lampard does with Bielsa now. My point is I don’t mind critiquing the squad or Lampard’s decisions today, but I do object to using today to write of Lampard in general.

4 hours ago, Popular side said:

Crap thread title. Frank has done a great job this season. If Leeds get promoted, what are you going to say then? We needed Leeds to play badly. They did not. We lost to a better team. We are not the third best team in the league. COYR

Please tell me where I said that.

Read it again. 

Put a balanced view on today - if you're capable.

5 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

So what you're saying is that we should have just given Leeds a bye into the play off final as the result before a ball was kicked was already a fait accompli

2 minutes ago, Charlie Dram said:

Please tell me where I said that.

Read it again. 

Put a balanced view on today - if you're capable.

You mentioned Bielsa's 600 games experience against Lampards 50 odd so if you didn't think that was a contributory factor to the result today then why mention it in the first place.

1 hour ago, Cool As Custard said:

When you play against a Bielsa Leeds team you know they are going to press you at the back. We are only comfortable against teams that stand off us & give us time on the ball. When pressed we get trapped deep - Keogh & Tomori look like rabbits in headlights & this is exacerbated when you have Johnson instead of Huddlestone as it means the only thing they can do is go long. 

Unfortunately we dont have a physical presence to play long too - even if Waghorn had been fit it would have made no difference. For games like this with the shape we play we need a big target man to play long to, hold it up & allow us to get out. This wont change for Weds so we have to do something difference.

Only option we have is to play a really high line & condense the play - Leeds will try to do the same & it will become a case of who loses their nerve first & drops deeper - Leeds have more to lose so expect them to drop off & protect their lead. Given we have Tomori at the back we should be confident we have the pace to cover balls over the top & Roos also needs to be prepared to be on the due of his box & sweep. This will get our full backs much further forward.

If we do this then we need to drop Johnson & have someone better on the ball & can spread the play better to the fullbacks so Huddllestone must start. We should also start Marriott as with full backs further forward I’d expect us to be getting more balls into the box & we need someone to get some goals to get us back into the tie.

We cant go out & do the same as we did today. Doing the same thing & expecting a different result is madness so if we are going to get beat lets do it having a go & do something different. It’s a high risk strategy & we will concede but if we do it right I see us winning 3-2 on the night & nicking it on pens! UTR

Excellent post Huddlestone is still a very good player but we don't need him chasing after the ball because he doesnt have the legs but win it and give him the licence to dictate the game and i think he's well capable of that.

Bogle needs to be braver  although I'm not his biggest fan and the  full backs need to be brave and get further up the pitch I've even thought maybe 352 could work against Leeds but its too late to change too much before now and weds.....can't see it happening but Marriott and Waghorn would be a step in the right direction....I don't think we were as bad as some are saying on here but we do definitely need to be braver on the ball and get higher up the pitch.

If we can score first I think Leeds could really be tested but Villa still look a step too far for us i'm afraid.

Note : watched Dwight Gayle today and was very impressed with his all round game,( sending off aside which i thought was harsh ) Marriott needs to look at Gayles game and learn as he could have that sort of impact for us

You mentioned Bielsa's 600 games experience against Lampards 50 odd so if you didn't think that was a contributory factor to the result today then why mention it in the first place.

Because it's clearly relative to the stick people are giving Lampard. 

It's about perspective. EG. I would always expect anyone to be better at their job than an apprentice.

It doesn't mean Frank is useless/ clueless/ rubbish etc. It means Bielsa is pretty smart and has proved it in nigh on 30 years of management.

If you don't see that then you won't see anything.

I think your username pretty much sums you up TBF

Did Frank get it wrong today?

Did he tell the players, not to play with commitment and energy, not to push up the pitch and support the central striker, not to close down Leeds when they had the ball, not to move the ball quickly? No.

Was he let down today, by to many players not performing to the standards expected of them? Yes.

Players who have shown in numerous games throughout the course of this season, that they are capable of giving a better performance than they did today.

So did Frank get it wrong today? No.

8 minutes ago, Charlie Dram said:

Because it's clearly relative to the stick people are giving Lampard. 

It's about perspective. EG. I would always expect anyone to be better at their job than an apprentice.

It doesn't mean Frank is useless/ clueless/ rubbish etc. It means Bielsa is pretty smart and has proved it in nigh on 30 years of management.

If you don't see that then you won't see anything.

I think your username pretty much sums you up TBF

You've missed my point entirely either intentionally or through ignorance.  

Sorry guys. I know it is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion but I hate negativity  when it is not warranted. 

I agree that Nugent should not be playing but we ate only 1 - 0 down and anything can happen. 

Derby must got to Elland road and play with no fear and go for the win.

They have nothing to lose now.

Please stop being so negative until it is done.

It bores me

Archived