Ashley Cole on growing up, Lampard and what’s next

Day

For the tl;dr is he staying or not?...

“I’m not 100% certain on whether I’ll keep playing yet. It’s not really about me any more, being selfish and deciding I want to keep playing,” he says. “I don’t know what’s going to happen but I’m definitely going to go into coaching. I look at Frank, JT at Villa, Steven Gerrard, Sol Campbell who has done a great job, and I think I’m ready for that stage now.

“I want to help the young generation and give my knowledge to them. I’ll take my badges and see where it takes me after that. The next chapter could be a year away, who knows?

“But when I do retire I’ll look back on, I think, a great career and something I’ve worked hard to achieve.”

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, David said:

For the tl;dr is he staying or not?...

“I’m not 100% certain on whether I’ll keep playing yet. It’s not really about me any more, being selfish and deciding I want to keep playing,” he says. “I don’t know what’s going to happen but I’m definitely going to go into coaching. I look at Frank, JT at Villa, Steven Gerrard, Sol Campbell who has done a great job, and I think I’m ready for that stage now.

“I want to help the young generation and give my knowledge to them. I’ll take my badges and see where it takes me after that. The next chapter could be a year away, who knows?

“But when I do retire I’ll look back on, I think, a great career and something I’ve worked hard to achieve.”

Mel said at one of the Forums or an interview this year that Frank is probably short one coach but doesn't want to change things mid season. 

Archived