19/20 Summer Transfer Window

David

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

?

Absolutely zero clue if he'd be a good signing for Utd - but last day U-turning on a move to Leeds only to go to Utd is pretty funny.

I don’t want to label him as a pace merchant as he’s not, but it’s probably his lightening pace that will get him this move. Defenders absolutely hate it, if United can get hold of him and channel this pace and create a consistent threat from it, they have one hell of a player on their hands.

They love their Welsh left wingers in Manchester, watch him be given the number 11 shirt with Martial one of the big names to exit Old Trafford this summer.

According to the dirty fans, the James transfer saga is where their season went wrong. That and apparently they had lots more injuries than any other team!

Also, if it's £15m for James it's surely £20m for Bogle, given that WhoScored info.

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Utd probably hoping that they've found the new Giggsy. 

With their recent track record on transfers they've probably found the new Tony Daley ?

Dr Jozef Vengloz (sp??) once spent an entire 70 minutes of a Forest game at Villa Park shouting "go Tonee Telly" and "Give de ball to Tonee Delly"
His entire tactical genius in one sentence.

It was class, Tony Daley got subbed and as he walked off Brian got up and shouted go Tonee Delly in his best Czech accent ?

Franz Carr got the equaliser, now he WAS a proper speed merchant.

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

Dr Jozef Vengloz (sp??) once spent an entire 70 minutes of a Forest game at Villa Park shouting "go Tonee Telly" and "Give de ball to Tonee Delly"
His entire tactical genius in one sentence.

It was class, Tony Daley got subbed and as he walked off Brian got up and shouted go Tonee Delly in his best Czech accent ?

Franz Carr got the equaliser, now he WAS a proper speed merchant.

Franz Carr could actually play a bit whereas Tony Daley only ever ran as fast as he could in a straight line and then inevitably did something utterly hopeless at the end ?

13 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Franz Carr could actually play a bit whereas Tony Daley only ever ran as fast as he could in a straight line and then inevitably did something utterly hopeless at the end ?

Somehow he played for England.

Graham Taylor bless him, has a lot to answer for.

Andy Gray, Carlton Palmer, Geoff Thomas and I still blame him for John "fash the bash" Fashanu as well, even though it was probably Bobby who picked him.

54 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Somehow he played for England.

Graham Taylor bless him, has a lot to answer for.

Andy Gray, Carlton Palmer, Geoff Thomas and I still blame him for John "fash the bash" Fashanu as well, even though it was probably Bobby who picked him.

Don't forget his masterstroke of playing Gary pallister at full back against Norway to try to counter jostein flo....

50 minutes ago, McLovin said:

A big miss for Chelsea

Really going to be a tough one with the transfer ban as well, if it does happen. Whether this is true or not will have to see, but they'll almost certainly be getting about 100m for him if he goes to Real, but will have no one to spend it on. Mind you, I wonder if they view that Pulisic they signed as a longterm replacement and got that done in January to make sure they got him.

7 minutes ago, David said:

Griezmann announced he’s leaving Atletico.

Barca bound is the talk on social media, surprised one of the Premier League big hitters haven’t come in with a mega offer.

Tbf I don’t see which team he’d go to in the prem? Man City and Liverpool don’t use second strikers(the only position Griezmann really does well), Spurs have Son, Kane and Lucas and doubt they’d be able to pay his 125 million Euro release clause, Chelsea have their transfer ban, arsenal don’t have much money and Man Utd are on a downward spiral and wouldn’t be a step up from Atletico at the moment. He probably sees Barca as the only realistic step up.

14 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Tbf I don’t see which team he’d go to in the prem? Man City and Liverpool don’t use second strikers(the only position Griezmann really does well), Spurs have Son, Kane and Lucas and doubt they’d be able to pay his 125 million Euro release clause, Chelsea have their transfer ban, arsenal don’t have much money and Man Utd are on a downward spiral and wouldn’t be a step up from Atletico at the moment. He probably sees Barca as the only realistic step up.

Barça play 4-3-3 and that’s where he looks to be heading, where does he fit in there?

If you can make a case for him there, I see no reason why Man City or Liverpool wouldn’t be options. With Sturridge contract expiring this summer they have room.

Chelsea are appealing the ban which will suspend it as well, expect to see them active more than most in this window with Hazard leaving and knowing the ban is coming. 

Man Utd out of the Champions League would probably rule them out.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Barça play 4-3-3 and that’s where he looks to be heading, where does he fit in there?

If you can make a case for him there, I see no reason why Man City or Liverpool wouldn’t be options. With Sturridge contract expiring this summer they have room.

Chelsea are appealing the ban which will suspend it as well, expect to see them active more than most in this window with Hazard leaving and knowing the ban is coming. 

Man Utd out of the Champions League would probably rule them out.

Think Barca have used 4-4-2 a lot more this season to accommodate Messi? That could change if they sack valverde. Think it will be Griezmann and Messi in a front two if he stays.. Don’t think Griezmann would fit into Liverpool. Mane-Firmino- Salah is their main front three. With Griezmann, they’d have to completely change their system, Mane and Salah would have to become traditional wingers rather than goal scoring wide players, and it would be at the cost of an extra man in midfield. One of Liverpool’s main strengths this season is the pressing and intensity from their midfield trio, which allows Robertson and Arnold to overlap and why they have so many assists because they know one of the midfield trio would cover them when they attack. An extra forward would mean Trent and Robertson would have to be more conservative, is it worth paying 125 million euros to completely change the system? Not for me.

Chelsea’s transfer ban appeal was rejected last week by Fifa. Very unlikely the court of arbitration for sport will overturn this. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48202945

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Think Barca have used 4-4-2 a lot more this season to accommodate Messi? That could change if they sack valverde. Think it will be Griezmann and Messi in a front two if he stays.. Don’t think Griezmann would fit into Liverpool. Mane-Firmino- Salah is their main front three. With Griezmann, they’d have to completely change their system, Mane and Salah would have to become traditional wingers rather than goal scoring wide players, and it would be at the cost of an extra man in midfield. One of Liverpool’s main strengths this season is the pressing and intensity from their midfield trio, which allows Robertson and Arnold to overlap and why they have so many assists because they know one of the midfield trio would cover them when they attack. An extra forward would mean Trent and Robertson would have to be more conservative, is it worth paying 125 million euros to completely change the system? Not for me.

Chelsea’s transfer ban appeal was rejected last week by Fifa. Very unlikely the court of arbitration for sport will overturn this. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48202945

whoscored say Barca have played 4-3-3  31 times this season, 4-4-2 just the three (in the league; CL is 10:3).

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I don’t think they would need to overhaul anything, Mane, Firmino and Salah can’t play every game, nice to have different options.

He’s off to Barça anyway so doesn’t really matter, it was only ever going to be them or Bayern outside the Premier League that would be able to afford him. 

Barca making big moves early on this window, looks like a shake up coming. 

30 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

whoscored say Barca have played 4-3-3  31 times this season, 4-4-2 just the three (in the league; CL is 10:3).

I'm not having that, Messi has played a lot more centrally this year and last year. It maybe 4-3-3 officially on the lineup , but Messi and Suarez have played up front together as a front two pairing. Busquets and Rakitic have played next to each other as the two holding midfielders with a 4-4-2 out of possession.  Valverde changed the system because Messi hasn't got the speed to play on the wing anymore.

29 minutes ago, David said:

I don’t think they would need to overhaul anything, Mane, Firmino and Salah can’t play every game, nice to have different options.

He’s off to Barça anyway so doesn’t really matter, it was only ever going to be them or Bayern outside the Premier League that would be able to afford him. 

Barca making big moves early on this window, looks like a shake up coming. 

It would be nice for Liverpool but I imagine Griezmann would want to be an undisputed starter. For 125 million euros, Liverpool would be better off signing a proper striker to replace sturridge and can rotate rather than someone who can play there but it's not their main position. They were linked with Timo Werner in January for 40 million euros. That would probably be a better fit as he's a natural forward, a lot younger than Griezmann and Klopp knows him being german

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/02/report-liverpool-could-sign-rb-leipzig-ace-timo-werner-on-the-ch/

Archived