How is everybody holding up?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Leeds' results have declined since spygate. 29 points from 19 games (70 pts over a season). They haven't won any of their last 4 games despite 3 of those opponents receiving red cards.

Proof as if it were ever needed of the vast conspiracy to keep Leeds utd down, by all those other clubs trying win football matches against Leeds because they love being in the same division as Leeds and would all give up on being football clubs when Leeds take their rightful place in the upper escelons of the Premier league. If only it were not for the conspiracy of "the sport of association football" Leeds would be multiple European champions by now.

Excited rather than nervous. I think we will beat them tomorrow but it will need to be by a couple of goals for me to start dreaming of Wembley. If we get done over the 2 legs as long as we have given a good account of ourselves I won't get too upset.  COYR!

On 09/05/2019 at 12:28, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I always end up in Cornwall when something big happens at Derby.

I was there when Clough got sacked, then a week later when we hired McLaren and drew 4-4 with Ipswich. I was there when we sacked Pearson, when Rowett left, when we hired Lampard and last year when we beat Man U on penalties.

Sunday morning I travel to St Ives...something big is on the horizon and it isn't a pastie.

It's weird. I have a similar situation, except I'm in Lincolnshire whenever anything big happens.

I mean, admittedly, I live there, but still!

statistics appear to be on our side - 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48206295

Using the Euro Club Index - a ranking of all European teams - to estimate the chances of progress in this year's play-offs, West Brom, Charlton and Newport are the most likely winners. However, all three play-off competitions are tightly matched.

The Baggies are the favourites to be promoted from the Championship, with the Euro Club Index giving them nearly a 30% chance of doing so. Derby are currently the favourites to join the Baggies in this year's Championship play-off final.

Eager anticipation rather than nervousness. It's four big teams in the playoffs - you can make a case for any of us going up. West Brom were my preseason favourites and we've more than held our own against them and, as others have said, that was the game to be nervous about.

Everything about the club feels positive and we're all pulling together. When the pressure has been on this season, this is a team that's delivered.

I believe. It's great being a blind-faither.

I'm cautiously optimistic at the minute. I think if there's any time we're going to beat this Leeds side it's going to be now. Looking at their stats from their last few games, I still expect them to be making chances, I just hope they continue to not take them. Hopefully we get an early goal to raise their nerves a bit.

I’m just going to enjoy the experience however many games it lasts. I have absolutely zero expectation. The season is already a success. We’ve done well to get here, we’re playing well and I’m just looking forward to Derby giving it a good go against a good team in Leeds and hopefully we get a final as well.

However it would be really really nice to beat Leeds!! Only beating Forest would be sweeter!

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’m just going to enjoy the experience however many games it lasts. I have absolutely zero expectation. The season is already a success. We’ve done well to get here, we’re playing well and I’m just looking forward to Derby giving it a good go against a good team in Leeds and hopefully we get a final as well.

However it would be really really nice to beat Leeds!! Only beating Forest would be sweeter!

I'm with you on this. We've already achieved as much as I expected from this season - new management team, young inexperienced players and a complete change in style.

Of course, if we go no further it will still be a disappointment but the feeling afterwards won't be anything like last season after the Fulham away leg.

Having said that, I still think we've a good chance to get to Wembley against a faltering Dirties.

COYR!!!!!

I have no recollection as I was a sleep but got a right telling off from the Mrs when we woke up because I was ‘fidgeting a lot and murmuring’ when I told her it was probably because of the football I was met with ‘for Christ’s sake Chris your 26 years old, it’s just a game’ looks like I’m in the market for a new one then. On the plus side I’m already on the train to Derby and will be in the Brunswick by 11 ?

Nervous.

In the last 2 playoff campaigns... under wassal and rowett, there were no nerves. In both cases I didn't think we had a hope.

This time, I think its anyones game. We have the ability to beat anyone on our day, and unlike other seasons have a pretty good record against teams at the top end of the table.

Hoping we'll have a great performance today. 

Archived