How is everybody holding up?

I'm fine at the moment, but I know I'll feel different when it comes down to it.

I think from where we were a couple of months ago to now, this certainly feels like an opportunity I thought we would never get. So as long as we give it a properly good go, I can't be too disappointed - again though, if we get to the cusp of it and throw it away, I'm sure i'll feel differently again.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just really looking forward to it now ,the hard stuff of keeping our nerve and taking 7 points from 9 of two tough away games and a must win at home last day has been so so refreshing and it really feels like the spirit of frank and his team has lifted that bottlers tag and united the club and  fans injecting positive vibes back into us , 

win lose draw I’m just looking forward to frank sending out a young team to be brave , enjoy themselves and go for it with attack minded football 

this season has flown by faster than I can ever remember another one feeling so fast 

will we do it ? Don’t know 

do I believe we can do it ? Bloody hell yes , if these lads hit on their a game they can rip anybody a new one 

very different vibe from dreary rowett s team last year

Well, as most of you know and have read before, I ( think unique on this forum) am the only Ram in a family full of Leeds. Raised in North Yerkshire until the age of 9 before my parents packed us all up and headed to the midlands. I was luke warm into supporting an actuall team by then. My first footie loves were Johan Cruyff and Georgie Best. 

It was my grandad got me started really, took me to see the Rams and I just fell in love. This did not go down well at home. Especially in those Clough v Revie days. 

The days after Frannie put Hunter on the deck I was force fed a shoot magazine picture of Billy Bremmner by my older brother. Through the years the freeking arguments about that club, those players, that manager. 

Ive had Leeds footballs bounced off my head during meal times. Had LUFC inked all over my school books while I wasnt looking, they tried to make me go in goal all the team and be David Harvey. 

I love my family, aslong as it isnt football. That club i think i despise, not kidding, perhaps more than everyone here combined. Its that bad. Its bloody pathalogical. There isnt a word I can think of that truly describes how I feel. 

My favourite Derby manager ever is not Sir Brian, Dave Mackay, Arthur Cox or Jim Smith. Its young Nige, and its him because he gave us win after win after win agsinst them. Home and away. 

So, you ask me how I feel?? 

Quite calm. Satisfied with our season. Awaiting justice and karma. My brother has a daughter now. He has schooled her in the Leeds way. She gives out to me all over social media when Leeds beat Derby but cannot take one iota of critisism in return. 

They are an abomination of a club. Self entitled beyond belief. Champions of Europe they sing. Not even champions of yerkshire. 

Ive been wrong before... But every gut feeling and instinct says he is getting knocked off that stupid blue bucket and you and I my fellow Rams supporting friends are off to Wembley. 

Sit back, relax, make a cuppa and enjoy the fun. 

I think @David has it right.

All this is a bonus and maybe a dream. The greatest news is that we now know with Frank -  a Rookie manager,  with some loans and a tight budget has achieved whatever the best of all other encumbents have achieved in the last 5 years. This is at the start of his career and not with the best hand of cards. At the same time we have seen youth come through the ranks and the flowering of the under 18’s

Whatever happens over the next 2 ( hopefully 3 ) games can only be something ranging from “hey ho that’s how the cookie crumbles” , right up to ..  “They thought it was all over .. it is now” Derby County Premier league. 

Apart from a few days sorrow if we lose to Leeds .. I can take it .. We have had a season of ups and downs, more of the first, some great days and some good football ... que sera sera 

7 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The nerves are getting to me, I have this insane mixture of emotions going on.

On the one hand I think, we never expected to make it to the playoffs so whatever happens in the next 2 games is a bonus. 

On the other I think we are the form team, unbeaten in 6, against a Leeds team who have been woeful lately.

Is it written in the stars that Lamps will have his revenge against Bielsa in the best way possible?

I have written off the last couple of defeats to Leeds, this is a different Derby compared to a different Leeds.

Either way I am pooping a brick and just wish Saturday will hurry up!

All of this resonates with me 

Really excited and feeling like a kid again, that’s what a season under Frank has done to me. There’s this feeling we are gong to go for it every game, even when we’ve been struggling, yet never quite knowing how it’s going to pan out - that’s the excitement factor.

Another that thinks @David has summed this up near perfectly. Before the season started I thought we could be top 6, expected to be at least top 10. It’s all been fulfilled and now for me everything is bonus but I truly believe we have every chance. My wish to succeed is more for my lads who keep saying will we ever go up again? So I hope they can see the premiership before too long.

For me it’s not as heartbreaking not to, the joy is watching a style of play I enjoy and like @jono the thrill of seeing youth come through and the academy teams excelling beyond all expectations; yet deservedly so given Mels foresight and investment.

We are in a good place, I’m so excited for the next few years whatever happens against Leeds, more so than the blind hope last year. The Rams are back on the up and Frank at the helm is fun. Make the most of it I say and let’s get a little bit excited, because nobody is taking us lightly now, that’s the reality our rookie manager has created (and whisper it or shout, why shouldn’t we go up, Football is all about ambition...... the Rams could be going up......bring on Saturday)

C.O.Y.R’s

10 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Remember the 90th minute v QPR at home...we flipped the positive switch to “on” at that point and it’s still working... 

It's funny, it feels like the fouth official holding up 9 minutes is the moment our season turned.

Archived