How is everybody holding up?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The nerves are getting to me, I have this insane mixture of emotions going on.

On the one hand I think, we never expected to make it to the playoffs so whatever happens in the next 2 games is a bonus. 

On the other I think we are the form team, unbeaten in 6, against a Leeds team who have been woeful lately.

Is it written in the stars that Lamps will have his revenge against Bielsa in the best way possible?

I have written off the last couple of defeats to Leeds, this is a different Derby compared to a different Leeds.

Either way I am pooping a brick and just wish Saturday will hurry up!

We are all nervous. I was very impressed though that the fans didn’t transmit their anxiety to the players v WBA. We must do the same again. “In Fide Fiducia” I say...let’s just have faith and enjoy the occasion...who knows if we win but as @David said this part of the season is a bonus. I’m just treating it as such and loving the moment we are in. 

My nerves are a mesh of tangled live wires.  i had to contact 3 government ministries regarding the same matter and somehow politely argue my point and extract pertinent data from duly appointed conceited largely unhelpful officials, who seem to get a certain pleasure from giving people the runaround.  Aside from that, i am fine, not nervous for the Leeds games, i know we will do them and leave them crying.

Never expected us to get to the play offs, thought around 8th- 10th.

Not going to the Leeds game as are flying out to Kos Saturday .......we are in Nissyros for 3 weeks.....OMG we might be promoted when I return.

2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

No immediate problems ,grand kids ,kids are all fit and well .Wifes old man defying the doctors and getting better .Big game on Saturday but its just not as important as the main things in life and can't get nervous /wound up about something so far down the important list .Get a grip of your sens .

Edit 45 years ago it would have dominated my week ,I still haven't got over the Hillsborough game.

It’s a pleasant distraction from all the crap mate.

8 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I get that entirely,thought about you guys and Joel when I typed it.

Thanks mate,he spent the first hour and a  half after West Brom in an MRI scan..ffs.

He was still buzzing(do you like that) about the playoffs though?

Mixed feelings but mainly just happy we made the playoffs as I now see this season as a success and am genuinely excited for next season, regardless of whether we go up or not.  To be honest I've always hated the playoffs as a concept.  Top 3 should go up like the bottom 3 go down.  You don't have a relegation playoff.  But I'd rather get 6th and win than 3rd as that'd be darned annoying to be that close and stay down.  

With all the furore over Leeds I do however want to stick it right up where the sun don't shine. They're a very good side but I do wonder how many points they'd have got had they not spied on every team before getting caught. 

Derby's never die attitude of late (and goal scoring) has been the best I've ever seen it for years so now we're here, I can't help but wonder if the impossible will be made possible.  I live in hope. 

I’m better than this time last year come win or lose. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Promotion or not we have a positive attractive style going forward and for these next 2 possibly 3 games we have bags of momentum. A trip to Wembley spring bank weekend would be wonderful ? 

The pressure is on Leeds despite them trying there hardest to deflect it all onto us. And to think back hearing them speak they were already promoted in August ? 

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I always end up in Cornwall when something big happens at Derby.

I was there when Clough got sacked, then a week later when we hired McLaren and drew 4-4 with Ipswich. I was there when we sacked Pearson, when Rowett left, when we hired Lampard and last year when we beat Man U on penalties.

Sunday morning I travel to St Ives...something big is on the horizon and it isn't a pastie.

i would only count the Clough incident and the hiring of Lampard as big ,the other two just happened

1 hour ago, ramit said:

My nerves are a mesh of tangled live wires.  i had to contact 3 government ministries regarding the same matter and somehow politely argue my point and extract pertinent data from duly appointed conceited largely unhelpful officials, who seem to get a certain pleasure from giving people the runaround.  Aside from that, i am fine, not nervous for the Leeds games, i know we will do them and leave them crying.

In my experience, civil servants are seldom civil and nobody's servant. ?

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I always end up in Cornwall when something big happens at Derby.

I was there when Clough got sacked, then a week later when we hired McLaren and drew 4-4 with Ipswich. I was there when we sacked Pearson, when Rowett left, when we hired Lampard and last year when we beat Man U on penalties.

Sunday morning I travel to St Ives...something big is on the horizon and it isn't a pastie.

I’m guessing you live in Cornwall then

Archived