How is everybody holding up?

The nerves are getting to me, I have this insane mixture of emotions going on.

On the one hand I think, we never expected to make it to the playoffs so whatever happens in the next 2 games is a bonus. 

On the other I think we are the form team, unbeaten in 6, against a Leeds team who have been woeful lately.

Is it written in the stars that Lamps will have his revenge against Bielsa in the best way possible?

I have written off the last couple of defeats to Leeds, this is a different Derby compared to a different Leeds.

Either way I am pooping a brick and just wish Saturday will hurry up!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fortunately or unfortunately (depends how you look at it)  I am away with the family this weekend.

This means I haven't had too much time to think about it and concentrating on getting everyone organised.

Rest assured I will be in a bar at 17.15 to watch the match and probably as nervous as hell.

All this despite my start of the season expectations which if I am honest the playoffs would have been a bonus

It’s that double edged sword isn’t it ! .. beat the dirties in the play offs and have that joy and vindication, or have to eat humble pie.

I think I am more nervous about Saturday than the QPR final 

If the team turn up we will win, I am hoping the spirit the team has gained in the last few matches, along with the U18 success will be like a tidal wave of confidence COYR

I always end up in Cornwall when something big happens at Derby.

I was there when Clough got sacked, then a week later when we hired McLaren and drew 4-4 with Ipswich. I was there when we sacked Pearson, when Rowett left, when we hired Lampard and last year when we beat Man U on penalties.

Sunday morning I travel to St Ives...something big is on the horizon and it isn't a pastie.

I was nervous before the West Brom game, but now I’m completely relaxed. 

For me the season is over, we finished top 6, the only way you can better that is automatic promotion which was never my expectation. 3rd or 6th doesn’t really matter now. I didn’t want to see us not make it and go through a summer doubting Frank’s credentials, would have been a horrible way to end the season.

You can now tick Lampard’s first season off as a success and I can’t wait to see him build on this in the summer whichever league that may be in.

Anything from now on is a complete bonus, we have this chance of promotion with 3 other strong clubs, absolutely no shame in getting knocked out if that’s what happens, we can’t “bottle it” against the likes of Bolton anymore, the 2 or 3 games will be the most difficult we have faced all season. 

With that I’m genuinely excited now, not nervous in the slightest.

The team is still capable of disappointing me of course, if we see a repeat performance from what we saw in the league, but as I say, just to be here with a shot at it now marks a successful season.

I don’t think this club can ever expect to finish top 2, we can target it and should be as it is possible on a much smaller budget as we have seen this season, but with the money that drops down with the relegated teams we would be foolish to sit here and expect to finish above any of the 3.

Roll on Saturday!

No immediate problems ,grand kids ,kids are all fit and well .Wifes old man defying the doctors and getting better .Big game on Saturday but its just not as important as the main things in life and can't get nervous /wound up about something so far down the important list .Get a grip of your sens .

Edit 45 years ago it would have dominated my week ,I still haven't got over the Hillsborough game.

Sitting here Thursday lunchtime I’m quite optimistic, I think Leeds are fragile at the minute and I think we’ve got the beating of them at Pride Park. 

Fast forward to Saturday I’ll be my usual bag of nerves. Bloody football eh ?

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I always end up in Cornwall when something big happens at Derby.

I was there when Clough got sacked, then a week later when we hired McLaren and drew 4-4 with Ipswich. I was there when we sacked Pearson, when Rowett left, when we hired Lampard and last year when we beat Man U on penalties.

Sunday morning I travel to St Ives...something big is on the horizon and it isn't a pastie.

I hope to god you break down on the way!!!!!!

Joking of course have a great time and don't forget to tune in.

It is turning into a long week. I will be very happy if we play like we did against WBA. .Give it our very best shot, stand up to aggressive tactics and get a bit of luck. I suspect that this tie will be decided by one or two sendings off. Do yellow card counts from the League games continue? ?

It's been good to have those 2 awesome champions league games this week to take our minds off Saturday for a while.

I'm probably too confident at the moment hoping that Leeds have gone. Got a feeling the result will be decided after 90 mins. If they have recovered, they could blow us away again. But feel there is more chance of us winning by a couple of goals.

29 minutes ago, David said:

I was nervous before the West Brom game, but now I’m completely relaxed. 

For me the season is over, we finished top 6, the only way you can better that is automatic promotion which was never my expectation. 3rd or 6th doesn’t really matter now. I didn’t want to see us not make it and go through a summer doubting Frank’s credentials, would have been a horrible way to end the season.

You can now tick Lampard’s first season off as a success and I can’t wait to see him build on this in the summer whichever league that may be in.

Anything from now on is a complete bonus, we have this chance of promotion with 3 other strong clubs, absolutely no shame in getting knocked out if that’s what happens, we can’t “bottle it” against the likes of Bolton anymore, the 2 or 3 games will be the most difficult we have faced all season. 

With that I’m genuinely excited now, not nervous in the slightest.

The team is still capable of disappointing me of course, if we see a repeat performance from what we saw in the league, but as I say, just to be here with a shot at it now marks a successful season.

I don’t think this club can ever expect to finish top 2, we can target it and should be as it is possible on a much smaller budget as we have seen this season, but with the money that drops down with the relegated teams we would be foolish to sit here and expect to finish above any of the 3.

Roll on Saturday!

Couldn’t have put it better myself, these next 2 (hopefully 3) games are a free hit to me coz whatever happens from now on this season has been a success in my eyes. Absolutely want us to smash the dirties and go all the way but not nervous just excited. The futures bright, the futures FLDCFC ?

I just wanted to get past West Brom and into sixth place, ok at the moment but come Saturday I'm sure things will change.

I'm just wondering if we are being a bit over confident for Saturday.

I'm sure you all know what usually happens in the end. 

Things have to change sooner or later!

I’ve justified it to myself and others that we’re in a far more relaxed position than the dirties. We didn’t look for a while like we would make the playoffs. Anything that happens now is a bonus, whereas for Leeds (my brother is a massive dirties fan), the talk has all been of winning the league, or at least auto. The pressure should be greater for them. 

That’s my outward view, on the inside I’m absolutely bricking it, excited and trying to stop myself daring to dream. As Rama says, “something special is happening”. 

I’m not expecting to win at Wembley, but a result over the next two games would be amazing. 

Archived