Danny Baker fired for racist tweet about Royal baby

froggg

It concerns me more that the first thing people associate with that image is racism. Probably highlights people's own prejudices and stupid outrage more than anything. I saw and still see now, a joke about the aristocracy. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Uptherams said:

It concerns me more that the first thing people associate with that image is racism. Probably highlights people's own prejudices and stupid outrage more than anything. I saw and still see now, a joke about the aristocracy. 

Sorry but that’s a lot of twaddle about highlighting people’s own prejudices, it’s been very high profile how black football players are being abused by monkey chants and monkey gestures , it’s a disgusting insult that it still very much in the forefront of racist abuse 

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

Sorry but that’s a lot of twaddle about highlighting people’s own prejudices, it’s been very high profile how black football players are being abused by monkey chants and monkey gestures , it’s a disgusting insult that it still very much in the forefront of racist abuse 

Agree. It's widely known about monkey chants and banana throwing towards black players. How on earth can a man like Baker who is closely associated with football not even connect the image of a chimp in those circumstances with racism. The man is a poltroon 

Don't know him so no idea if he is a racist or not. All i do know is that a grown man, a media trained grown man, is beyond stupid to think that was an ok thing to tweet. Deservedly sacked on the grounds of stupidity more than anything. 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

It's clear to everyone why they are doing that. There is literally no other interpretation of actions like that.

Good for you for using an example of racism that has nothing to do with this image. /s

People need to get over themselves about stuff like this. Let's just ban everything. 

23 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

It's clear to everyone why they are doing that. There is literally no other interpretation of actions like that.

Good for you for using an example of racism that has nothing to do with this image. /s

People need to get over themselves about stuff like this. Let's just ban everything. 

Really ??? You stated that anybody seeing any possible racist connotation in the pic was a result of their own prejudice s when clearly that is rubbish as it is very very high profile that black people are being subjected to sick monkey abuse and it is very much in the public domain right now ,I assume you believe these people are as totaly unaware of it as Baker is when posting the at very best I’ll thought out supposedly jokey pic ? 

Please explain how this example has nothing to do with this pic , 

if you know anything about my posts regards lots of stuff on here you will know I am no way a defender of this crazy political correctness that has become way too overbearing but there is also a level where people really should use their loaf , 

5 hours ago, Boycie said:

It’s a stupid lack of judgement in today’s PC world. (Not the shop)

Its as stupid as his stupid laugh, and that offends me every time he laughs at something he says.

I have shown a lack of judgement in PC World

i only went in because we needed a toaster.

57 minutes ago, Archied said:

Really ??? You stated that anybody seeing any possible racist connotation in the pic was a result of their own prejudice s when clearly that is rubbish as it is very very high profile that black people are being subjected to sick monkey abuse and it is very much in the public domain right now ,I assume you believe these people are as totaly unaware of it as Baker is when posting the at very best I’ll thought out supposedly jokey pic ? 

Please explain how this example has nothing to do with this pic , 

if you know anything about my posts regards lots of stuff on here you will know I am no way a defender of this crazy political correctness that has become way too overbearing but there is also a level where people really should use their loaf , 

I simply don't care about this exchange if I'm honest. They'll come for you to one day. 

4 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

I simply don't care about this exchange if I'm honest. They'll come for you to one day. 

Me neither , they do come for me quite often already ,usually when I don’t go along with the lazy racist labels put on the likes of Robinson or trump farrage ect but I never worry too much as I tend to look ,listen and form my own opinions

6 hours ago, Archied said:

Me neither , they do come for me quite often already ,usually when I don’t go along with the lazy racist labels put on the likes of Robinson or trump farrage ect but I never worry too much as I tend to look ,listen and form my own opinions

Danny Baker ain't no racist but he is a bit of a dork. I don't think it's lazy calling the likes of Farage, Robinson or Trump racist.

Maybe you could argue they are not actually racist, they just use racist language and attitudes to appeal to people's worst side.

Farage's sick poster during EU referendum was classic racism, playing on the terror threat of refugees, themselves escaping wars we often help start/fund, which also had nothing to do with EU referendum. This poster came out shortly before the murder of Jo Cox, maybe the final bit of inspiration?

Robinson is making lots of cash out of his anti-Islam tirades. Maybe he's just in it for the money and deep down he abhors all sorts of racism. Must be a struggle when he helps inspire far right terror attacks though that kill people. 

Trump is senile and hates everyone apart from a few hugely rich buddies. He probably hates the poor white folk who voted for him the most though. Laughs at their desperation and poverty. Losers.

33 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Danny Baker ain't no racist but he is a bit of a dork. I don't think it's lazy calling the likes of Farage, Robinson or Trump racist.

Maybe you could argue they are not actually racist, they just use racist language and attitudes to appeal to people's worst side.

Farage's sick poster during EU referendum was classic racism, playing on the terror threat of refugees, themselves escaping wars we often help start/fund, which also had nothing to do with EU referendum. This poster came out shortly before the murder of Jo Cox, maybe the final bit of inspiration?

Robinson is making lots of cash out of his anti-Islam tirades. Maybe he's just in it for the money and deep down he abhors all sorts of racism. Must be a struggle when he helps inspire far right terror attacks though that kill people. 

Trump is senile and hates everyone apart from a few hugely rich buddies. He probably hates the poor white folk who voted for him the most though. Laughs at their desperation and poverty. Losers.

Nope , too easy , could you imagine for one second the reaction if it had been Robinson or the other two that had tweeted that pic? For what it’s worth with the Robinson thing what I see at this point is somebody who possibly started out with a blanket view of the cultural mix problems in his town growing up but has evolved and is smart enough to read ,research and distinguish between radical Islamic problems and the Islam that is decent and able to live in harmony with other cultures , constantly and openly distancing himself from the real racist element that keeps trying to attach itself to him , now that does not mean that I’m not overly suspicious of him and aware that he inhabits a space that needs close inspection but I’ve just not seen the Robinson that lazy accusation s paint , 

i don’t know for one second if Baker is a racist but tweeting a pic depicting the first royal child of mixed race as a chimp is every bit the inspiration to scum bag racists as anything you from the others,

i come to this debate with an open mind as someone who ( possibly naively) felt for a long time that racism was a dying out thing of the past and has become concerned that it seems to be alive and well and possibly on the rise ,

is tagging stuff and people as racist that aren’t giving racists an umbrella to hide under? I don’t know but it certainly needs looking at as strides that have been made over the last 30 years seem to be reversing

On 09/05/2019 at 22:08, ariotofmyown said:

I love how my taxes are used to pay for PR staff to attempt to make the inbred fools appear normal.

In years gone by your have been incarcerated for that. Yet those who still love and respect the Royal Family have to put up with people insulting them every day. They recently decided to police their Facebook page and remove comments as it was being mercilessly trolled and some of the posts were vile. 

I’m not especially a royalist, they’re just there, I’d never rise up to try and remove them, I see good and bad in their existence. I’d happily avoid paying for the minor hanger on if given the choice. 

My opinion of Baker is ‘good, how thick are you and you should be sacked because you can’t be collecting a wage for doing that job and not realise you were going to get the offended masses jumping up and down’. Never found him funny or engaging, no great loss to me. 

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Nope , too easy , could you imagine for one second the reaction if it had been Robinson or the other two that had tweeted that pic? For what it’s worth with the Robinson thing what I see at this point is somebody who possibly started out with a blanket view of the cultural mix problems in his town growing up but has evolved and is smart enough to read ,research and distinguish between radical Islamic problems and the Islam that is decent and able to live in harmony with other cultures , constantly and openly distancing himself from the real racist element that keeps trying to attach itself to him , now that does not mean that I’m not overly suspicious of him and aware that he inhabits a space that needs close inspection but I’ve just not seen the Robinson that lazy accusation s paint , 

i don’t know for one second if Baker is a racist but tweeting a pic depicting the first royal child of mixed race as a chimp is every bit the inspiration to scum bag racists as anything you from the others,

i come to this debate with an open mind as someone who ( possibly naively) felt for a long time that racism was a dying out thing of the past and has become concerned that it seems to be alive and well and possibly on the rise ,

is tagging stuff and people as racist that aren’t giving racists an umbrella to hide under? I don’t know but it certainly needs looking at as strides that have been made over the last 30 years seem to be reversing

Fair enough and I can see what you are saying. I don't agree though with Robinson and think he tries to whip up racist feeling. His pathetic deliberate jailing when his actions could have lead to the trials collapsing of child abuse gangs. I hope he spoke out against the vile individual who drove his car into Muslims at the mosque a couple of years back, the one who was inspired by Robinson.

2 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

In years gone by your have been incarcerated for that. Yet those who still love and respect the Royal Family have to put up with people insulting them every day. They recently decided to police their Facebook page and remove comments as it was being mercilessly trolled and some of the posts were vile. 

If anyone is offended by my words on the Royal Family, please accept that the Royals will comfort themselves with their unlimited inherited wealth, huge areas of land, multiple homes and castles and staff. What is the PR spin on the huge numbers of homeless people in the UK vs the number of unoccupied rooms in royal residences?

17 hours ago, Uptherams said:

So that’s ok then ? Are you also saying that the racist nuance is probably alright because they are rich people ? 

And if it had been a Brexiteer/ Britain First type person posting about an ethnic minority couple another walk of life, leaving hospital with a new baby what would your reaction have been ? 

17 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

If anyone is offended by my words on the Royal Family, please accept that the Royals will comfort themselves with their unlimited inherited wealth, huge areas of land, multiple homes and castles and staff. What is the PR spin on the huge numbers of homeless people in the UK vs the number of unoccupied rooms in royal residences?

I’m not offended by anyone’s opinions on the royals. People are allowed their opinions 

17 minutes ago, jono said:

So that’s ok then ? Are you also saying that the racist nuance is probably alright because they are rich people ? 

And if it had been a Brexiteer/ Britain First type person posting about an ethnic minority couple another walk of life, leaving hospital with a new baby what would your reaction have been ? 

Considering the fact I've been put in hospital before, for confronting racists, I literally don't care about pathetic virtue signalling on the internet. 

Archived