The 'Bounce'

RamLad1884

12 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Since it was us who invented the bounce we need to patent it to prevent others doing the same. I’m sure Mel can arrange this. 

Against Leeds, when we are out of sight, I’d like us to do a reverse bounce i.e. all the crowd stand, turn around and bounce. It will look immense. 

Sheffield Wednesday fans would love this! 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Srg said:

In this thread: People who hate how bad the atmosphere is but also hate everyone doing the bounce.

No we love the bouncing its the gratuitous swearing in it that is the problem.

1 minute ago, Asheville Ram said:

No we love the bouncing its the gratuitous swearing in it that is the problem.

If you can't deal with swearing in 2019 then live sport is probably not the place for you. May I suggest cbeebies?

I love how this is one of those conversations where neither side can avoid talking about it without calling the other side morons. Always makes it a good read.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

If you can't deal with swearing in 2019 then live sport is probably not the place for you. May I suggest cbeebies?

Why is 2019 different to the 1960's when I first started watching the Rams, gratuitous swearing shows a distinct lack of vocabulary.

16 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Why is 2019 different to the 1960's when I first started watching the Rams, gratuitous swearing shows a distinct lack of vocabulary.

“The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is in any way a sign of a lack of education or a lack of verbal interest is just a ducking lunatic.”

― Stephen Fry

My take on the swearing in songs is that it's just not necessary and can restrict the number of participants. Most swear words can be easily replaced. A good example is the "effing love Derby", why not just sing "D C F C". It's a catchy tune and would travel around the ground.

I'm no snowflake and can cus with the best of them, but I just think that the songs that work best are both clean & simple.

The other problem we seem to have is the speed at which the songs are sung. We start a good old "We Are Derby" & by the 2nd verse, I'm struggling to keep up. The speed then kills it. Listen to Rod Stewart singing "We Are Sailing" & you'll get the idea. The only way to keep the momentum going is to sing at a constant pace.

The other thing I find is that you just need to keep going. Even when a song dies out, it only needs a couple of you to keep singing and people will join back in at opportune moments.  Don't rely on other people.

If you want an atmosphere keep it simple & keep it going.

COYR

6 minutes ago, Bontddu Ram said:

My take on the swearing in songs is that it's just not necessary and can restrict the number of participants. Most swear words can be easily replaced. A good example is the "effing love Derby", why not just sing "D C F C". It's a catchy tune and would travel around the ground.

I'm no snowflake and can cus with the best of them, but I just think that the songs that work best are both clean & simple.

The other problem we seem to have is the speed at which the songs are sung. We start a good old "We Are Derby" & by the 2nd verse, I'm struggling to keep up. The speed then kills it. Listen to Rod Stewart singing "We Are Sailing" & you'll get the idea. The only way to keep the momentum going is to sing at a constant pace.

The other thing I find is that you just need to keep going. Even when a song dies out, it only needs a couple of you to keep singing and people will join back in at opportune moments.  Don't rely on other people.

If you want an atmosphere keep it simple & keep it going.

COYR

I didn't know for years that We Are Derby was actually We Are Sailing. My wife pointed it out at one of her first games. It would sound awesome if sung slowly.

8 minutes ago, Bontddu Ram said:

I'm no snowflake and can cus with the best of them, but I just think that the songs that work best are both clean & simple

Exactly this. My son knows that some people say "naughty words" at the football and that he isn't allowed to use those words, but I also lead by example and therefore dont sing the songs which have swearing in them. If the songs were clean and simple then I think we could have the whole place going....(including the west!)

14 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I didn't know for years that We Are Derby was actually We Are Sailing. My wife pointed it out at one of her first games. It would sound awesome if sung slowly.

It's never occured to me until I read this tbh. I wondered why he'd bought Rod up?

I love the bounce, not keen on the swearing but can live with it, but not a fan that it references the reds.

I would prefer "if you don't ducking (I think I am not allowed to type that word in full) your not a ram" maybe?

Archived