The game at the top level

ronnieronalde

What a brilliant, brilliant season it's been football wise, especially if you're like me, you have your team but you're still able to enjoy the beautiful game as it's played by others.

I dislike the top level of the game in terms of how much money is involved but you can't argue with it's quality.

The top teams have produced some incredible stuff and created some real lasting memories and I'm not just talking about Liverpool and Man City in the Premier League.

Tottenham have been fantastic. Poccetinho is a real piece of class, them beating Man City the way they did in the Champions League. I didn't think I'd see anything as dramatic as that again in my life.

That was already after Man Utd going to Paris and winning in the most extraordinary way. Ole and his team were superb that night and it really was a flashback to United of old.

Now, what Liverpool did last night, how they did it was an absolute footballing miracle. We'll never see anything like that again, ever. They were pure class from 1-14. Those players and especially THAT manager will rightly go down in history.

I'm not a Liverpool fan but I think every fan in the world has to acknowledge just how good a win that was.

Fully, fully deserved. Jurgen Klopp is a truly remarkable manager, I'd go as far as to say what he has done at Liverpool is better than what Pep has achieved at City as the gap was a bit bigger.

Incredible night, incredible season and incredible teams doing incredible things.

Only football gives you this.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Hedging your bets, I see, the promotion bandwagon may be full after the 27th mate ?

I'm more worried Nige might get sacked and I've got to start again at Ilson Town ?

Either that or he's a shoe in for the Barca job after yesterday. Apparently they're skint and need to bring the kids through ? Que?

Sith Happens
37 minutes ago, TimRam said:

There is one thing we can be sure of....it will be the same top 6 next season.

5 of the same top 6. Dcfc 3rd will do.

42 minutes ago, TimRam said:

It doesn't matter.

If they are the best 6 teams then they are the best 6 teams.

It's up to the others to break in. The standard is unbelievably high.

49 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Depressingly probably true, but man u are at a crossroads and they've got a manager with serious question marks, a dodgy board and a squad full of moaning primadonnas who are all staring down a 25% pay cut. They could go wrong next term and it'd be fun to watch. Wolves with another big summer, or Everton with a bit of luck and a proper striker...you never know.

The fact it's a big 6 is already good enough for me.

How many teams do we expect to be able to realistically have a chance in a 20 team division.

It has always been that way, 25 years ago it was the Big 5, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and Spurs (despite Forest winning more than at least 3 of them!!)

The premier league is already brilliant in terms of competitiveness. Even now the bottom placed clubs can beat anyone on any given Saturday.

5 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

What a brilliant, brilliant season it's been football wise, especially if you're like me, you have your team but you're still able to enjoy the beautiful game as it's played by others.

I dislike the top level of the game in terms of how much money is involved but you can't argue with it's quality.

The top teams have produced some incredible stuff and created some real lasting memories and I'm not just talking about Liverpool and Man City in the Premier League.

Tottenham have been fantastic. Poccetinho is a real piece of class, them beating Man City the way they did in the Champions League. I didn't think I'd see anything as dramatic as that again in my life.

That was already after Man Utd going to Paris and winning in the most extraordinary way. Ole and his team were superb that night and it really was a flashback to United of old.

Now, what Liverpool did last night, how they did it was an absolute footballing miracle. We'll never see anything like that again, ever. They were pure class from 1-14. Those players and especially THAT manager will rightly go down in history.

I'm not a Liverpool fan but I think every fan in the world has to acknowledge just how good a win that was.

Fully, fully deserved. Jurgen Klopp is a truly remarkable manager, I'd go as far as to say what he has done at Liverpool is better than what Pep has achieved at City as the gap was a bit bigger.

Incredible night, incredible season and incredible teams doing incredible things.

Only football gives you this.

Agree with you, it's been an interesting season, but we will see a team come back from 3 or more goals down in a big game again, the future is a long time.

27 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Agree with you, it's been an interesting season, but we will see a team come back from 3 or more goals down in a big game again, the future is a long time.

You'd have to mental to think any other team in the world will score 3 second half goals to go through in a Champions League Final EVER AGAIN.

?

Oh my days! What a season.

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

The fact it's a big 6 is already good enough for me.

How many teams do we expect to be able to realistically have a chance in a 20 team division.

It has always been that way, 25 years ago it was the Big 5, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and Spurs (despite Forest winning more than at least 3 of them!!)

The premier league is already brilliant in terms of competitiveness. Even now the bottom placed clubs can beat anyone on any given Saturday.

........or Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday

21 hours ago, TimRam said:

Not sure how long we’ll be able to say that for though. City and Liverpool are untouchable at the moment, they’re run correctly and have money. 

Spurs are well run but don’t have the money to catch up to them. Their hope is that medium term growth as a club will bridge the gap. 

Give Emery a bit of time and Arsenal may well be able to follow the same path as Spurs. They need to sort themselves out though pretty sharpish. They don’t have money any more. 

But United and Chelsea are absoloute messes. Chelsea have a manager with a fairly unique system, a transfer ban and an owner that can’t get into the country.

United need to completely restructure the football side of things but the Glazer’s don’t seem arsed. Old Trafford’s starting to get left behind. 

Archived