Lawrence play off ban?

ramtique

Sith Happens

Its even easy to say Lawrence made a meal of it, he was going at pace, had just changed direction, one foot goes forward and the other is clipped and that only is going to end up in one result, the player going over.

Look how easy it is when walking at normal pace down the street, you put one foot forward and stub your toe meaning you nearly go arse over tit.

The only difference is when you do that you keep walking along trying to make out like nothing happened.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A year ago there was a very similar incident with cameron jerome (v norwich?). He was booked for simulation whilst replays showed it was a definate penalty.

this time, live, i didn't see any contact. Watching the replays i initially thought there was, but on closer inspection i'm back to my original opinion that there wasn't any contact. That doesn't mean he dived. He fell and the ref was close enough to make a split second decision. 

last year we lost out. This year we gained. 

Pity he didn't get a shot away as it would have been a great goal.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Its even easy to say Lawrence made a meal of it, he was going at pace, had just changed direction, one foot goes forward and the other is clipped and that only is going to end up in one result, the player going over.

Look how easy it is when walking at normal pace down the street, you put one foot forward and stub your toe meaning you nearly go arse over tit.

The only difference is when you do that you keep walking along trying to make out like nothing happened.

he's going to get banned given the number of rams fans who suggest he dived, sometimes I ducking wonder.

It initially looked a soft penalty to me but the Ref was in an excellent position and gave it straight away. The replays make it very clear he was clipped on his trailing foot so it's a definite penalty. An excellent 'spot' by the Ref and therefore Lawrence obviously shouldn't be banned.

6 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

How much contact do you need for it to be a penalty, a foul is a foul and if it in the penalty area its a penalty. You dont get two penalties for a really bad foul or half a penalty for an accidental foul 

As long as the attacking player doesn’t initiate the contact, then a defender making contact with an attacker (and also nowhere near the ball) is a foul.

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

A year ago there was a very similar incident with cameron jerome (v norwich?). He was booked for simulation whilst replays showed it was a definate penalty.

this time, live, i didn't see any contact. Watching the replays i initially thought there was, but on closer inspection i'm back to my original opinion that there wasn't any contact. That doesn't mean he dived. He fell and the ref was close enough to make a split second decision. 

last year we lost out. This year we gained. 

Pity he didn't get a shot away as it would have been a great goal.

Should have gone to spec savers 

That’s always the risk when the defender goes to the ground in the penalty area.

Is there contact?

I’ve seen replays and it’s clear as day that Bartley clips his left foot.

So I don’t think Lawrence has a case to answer for.

This is just Leeds trying to unsettle us again.

TBH, although the contact was very slight, it must have been enough for him to lose his balance as I’m not sure why else you’d go down after beating 4 players and through 1 on 1 with the keeper from 8 yards out. Makes no sense. It was probably easier for Lawrence to score than it was for Wilson to score the pen. Just saying 

51 minutes ago, ramtique said:

That's not even a story. No-one has reported it or says he's been referred to some sort of disciplinary panel. It just says the FA will review the referee's report, which is perfectly normal. 

It'll take two seconds and that'll be it. There was slight contact as he skipped past Bartley, but contact nonetheless that when running and speed and changing direction can knock you out of your stride or make you lose balance. 

Can't possibly compare it to Bamford, which was as blatant cheating as you'll see. 

I'd be astonished if he gets a ban.

Sith Happens
10 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

If someone, after watching this, tells me there's no contact then I don't even know anymore

Agree thats the clip i saw, unless lawrence has a superb knack of flicking his foot back just at the right moment of course.

11 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

If someone, after watching this, tells me there's no contact then I don't even know anymore

WBA player crosses him and catches him thus taking his foot away from where it was going and he falls. 110% penalty. 

This is so ridiculous it's laughable. The clip clearly shows that the contact twists Lawrence's left foot before he plants it on the ground. He is using this foot to change direction, so of course it unbalances him.

I think Sky must be a bit miffed about the south stand songs about them and it's a slow sports news day, so let's make something up.

That angle shows conclusively that he was just about to plant his left foot on the ground when it got clipped, milliseconds before his brain expected it to be hitting the floor. The speed he was moving no wonder he lost balance.

Really ask yourself why he would dive there? The player was not really anywhere near him, and he was about to have a clear shot on goal.

If he gets a ban for that then it's a joke

2 minutes ago, ram59 said:

This is so ridiculous it's laughable. The clip clearly shows that the contact twists Lawrence's left foot before he plants it on the ground. He is using this foot to change direction, so of course it unbalances him.

I think Sky must be a bit miffed about the south stand songs about them and it's a slow sports news day, so let's make something up.

JINX! 

Archived