Lawrence play off ban?

ramtique

8 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Remember that? I still remember Kewell diving in the last minute to get a penalty to win 1-0! Robbing gits, it’s fine though 7 year old ramslad is over it. 

I was about 16! Still not over it! Carbonari nowhere near him!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen it a few times and couldn’t make my mind up. First I thought he dived, then I thought soft penalty, its only seeing the slow motion someone posted on here that’s made me realise definite penalty! Didn’t know it was Bartley’s trailing leg that caught him, his foot changed direction and you have to remember Lawrence was at full speed at the time, any contact on the foot likely to floor him.

Can’t wait for Saturday!! Lawrence on ? your defence is terrified!! 

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Is all this a Bielsa invention designed to wind his players and fans up to get some made up revenge? Is Danny Murphy in on it too, or is he a useful idiot?

It's not Danny Murphy, it's Danny Mills. Danny Murphy would never spout such nonsense, it would be completely out of character.

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It annoys me that some Derby fans took this story up and plenty have suggested it was perhaps a bit of a dive or Tom went down easily. No no no!

In case you were incapable of seeing the foul on the Sky feed, here it is from behind the goal:

Referee did not need the Hubble Telescope to see it from 5 metres, did he? ?

20 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Sky will have three Leeds supporters and Danny Mills as the "Derby" pundit because he had a loan here in "that" season......

Other suggestions for the three amigo pundits on Saturday please. 

1. Kenny Burns

2. Rowettini

3. Mach 3 (the return)  

OR 

1. Chellini aka the manager eater

2. Tinker Bell 2 (the return) 

3. A frightened rabbit (any Leeds fan) 

13 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Like the Yorkshire bottom dwellers who support his former club, Danny Mills is too thick to realise that even if contact was minimal and the penalty award  harsh, whether Tom Lawrence was guilty of simulation is a completely separate issue. Mills gives the game away by the way he links this incident directly to the Bamford suspension. Mills is a horrible self-entitled pundit, doubtless one of those who believe Leeds have a divine right to be in the Premiership.

So despite Sky's best efforts to derail our playoff campaign, justice is served although 'Lawrence avoids ban for diving' headlines are typical of Sky trying to stir things up even after the case has been thrown out.  Has anyone mentioned there should be massive credit to the referee (not sure who it was) but he made the correct decision in a split second on one viewing at full speed when half the commentators and pundits on tv couldn't make their minds up after 300 views with a microscope.  I am quick to criticise referees but credit where it's due on this occasion.

8 minutes ago, EnzaRam said:

The Sun reports 'Lawrence avoids ban for shocking dive!' ? 

I'm amazed most Leeds' fans couldn't see it was a clear penalty

yafxsbpoh9i2yce6aq4q.jpeg

I'm very disappointed in that headline, falls well short of their usual high standards for journalistic integrity

Really struck me how so many years of mediocrity and losing has affected their fan base.

Leeds clearly think, more than anyone else in the EFL, that they’re “worthy” of the PL so they rationalise their consistent failure as a conspiracy against them.

It’s turned them into a fanbase of losers who are used to getting their excuses in early. It’s sad to see so many of them genuinely believing this is the incorrect decision and that there actually is a conspiracy against them.

I am amazed at how Leeds are comparing Patrick Bamford deception to Lawrence incident. 

Bamford deliberately pretended he was hit in the face to get a player sent off.... 

Going down in the box a bit easy under a clip to win a penalty is in a different league to pretending you've been hit in the face during a scuffle. How are Leeds fans even moaning about it? Pretending that it's a worse offence... Truly shocking

I beg all of you to search for 'Tom Lawrence' on twitter and read all the Leeds fans comments, it will be the best thing you will do this week!!

Ranging from Racist FA to Sky want to keep Leeds in the Championship so Sky can get money from viewing figures!!

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Wonder if anyone has been sad enough to check if Leeds had any soft penalties given them this season?

It wasn't given, thank God, but if you want to see a dive, that's a dive

Archived