Thanks Frank

Archied

3 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I appreciate that you've qualified this in your previous post, but I still really disagree.

This season we've beaten Man United at Old Trafford; taken Chelsea within inches of penalties; beaten Southampton at the St Mary's; come back from 2-0 and 3-2 down to beat the champions 4-3 at Carrow Road; put in our best away performance in years to thrash West Brom at the Hawthorns; scored 10 goals in 2 home games and put together a fantastic string of results when it really mattered to get us over the line.  

I agree entirely. We've had some truly remarkable performances. Around the time of those cup games and Boro away I honestly thought that we would take that form on and win the league. It wasn't to be, and as I have stated I totally understand where some of the poorer performances came from. I generally consider myself a happy clapper, but at the moment I'm an ecstatic jumper arounder.

edit: have I just discovered a new level of fandom? ?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

How many games have we lost since his return to fitness?

That and Waghorn getting a run of games in his best position

One. Away to Blackburn.

P9 W5 D3 L1

On 05/05/2019 at 19:47, Archied said:

From the minute the rumour of us employing frank as manager came out I banged on and on about how much I wanted him to be given the job,could have turned out wrong like any managerial appointment but in my opinion I have and am really enjoying this incarnation of Derby county 

thanks frank ,the whole list of positives far far outweigh the odd sign of inexperience now and again 

Have to be honest, initially wasn't sure about Frank due to lack of managerial experience etc. Have to say, he has brought so much to DCFC, raised our profile, and the club is well received in the media. Making the play offs is the icing on the cake. Well done Frank,  and Mel. 

51 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Get him on a new improved long term contract NOW with a stupidly high compensation clause so we don't lose him. Needs to be here long term imo.

Possibly the most sensible post I have ever read on here

55 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Get him on a new improved long term contract NOW with a stupidly high compensation clause so we don't lose him. Needs to be here long term imo.

Yep ,, soon as we know what division we are in next season?, prem managers cost a bit more

12 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

Havent you forgot we lost to leeds in the first leg but after tonight it dont matter

To be fair to SaintRam his comment was made 3 days before the defeat by Leeds. but you know what, you are right it really doesn't matter.

Nothing matters except the Rams are off to Wembley again, after yet another performance this season that grabs the national headlines to loud approval from the neutrals

Archived