Derby County vs Leeds United (Play-offs)

cannable

Two or three times in that first half the ball could have been switched to the right but Bogle was in his own half. Why? Please don't tell me he's been told to just defend today. As expected nothing up front. Leeds much the better team and want it more. We just can't deal with their press. 

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Showing them far to much respect, we’ve completely gone away from the attacking game plan that steamrolled over West Brom. 

Tactics all wrong so far coupled with to many players letting the occasion get to them, half the team can’t pass a ball 5 yards. 

Midfield anonymous, Nugent as effective as a chocolate teapot, we’ve got to change tactics and mindsets otherwise we’re heading to Elland Road with a deficit 

Sitting to deep,not enough movement of pressing,we one to every ball ,filth are just strolling about as though they own the place.Need to get at them and have a go otherwise we will be out of this before it's over.COYR?

Started well and looked up for it but Leeds have dominated the 1st half. We've rode out the storm just about. Need to get Mount and Wilson involved more somehow. Little Duane been the stand out player for me breaking between the lines. That is gonna be the way to break these down.

Team are playing within themselves - they are holding back trying to keep their shape. Lampard is paranoid we’ll give Leeds too much space.

Unfortunately the team are taking it too far & taking no risks with forward movement whatsoever - it’s giving the dirties the initiative.  

We need to be braver - unfortunately missing Waghorn big time tonight. Nugent is looking his age now...

I've been frustrated and worried in equal measure. 

We started well but seem to have completely lost our way. Too much dribbling out, nobody showing and too deep to be able to have any meaningful possession in the leeds half. 

Needs a big talking up by Frank and Jody. They need to get us onto the front foot somehow. 

The Leeds chap was called Sean and he was quite a decent bloke. Wished us well as he left with his wife...clearly not allowed to watch the second half ?

Understand Lampard is cautious of pressing to hard and leaving us exposed, you don’t want to lose at home but this is Rowett at Fulham tactics, sit back and hope for the best. 

Weve got to attack second half, duck getting caught out and conceding on a break, go for it and attack, all or nothing, press them high and go for jugular. 

Better to go out on your shields than raising a white flag 

If we get beat by attacking them and show them what we can do then fine,however if we do get beat and playing the way we did first half trust me we will its another massive opportunity we have let slip.

First 10mins second half is key if we could just get our nose in front that would create a massive buzz around the ground

We need to take the game to them - if we do their confidence will crumble

Defence need to push a much higher line - condense the play. We have Tomori’s pace to get us out of jail for the ball behind

Force them to play the long ball & surrender possession , Roofe won’t hold it up - its exactly what they are doing to us with Nuge

Just now, Bob The Badger said:

Holmes looks quality and he's not scared at running down their throats at pace.

The only time they seem to struggle with us. I'd love him to get a goal (or 3). Or any Derby player I don't ducking care!

I'm hopeful we'll get more joy in the second half.

We've kept it nil nil but there's been some very important work by Keogh and Tomori and others to keep it that way. Leeds are playing as at their best that half.

we've burst forward a few times but then got the fear.

Marriott on ASAP for me. We're not gong to get lots of chances, so we need something likely to put them away. On the other hand, our best chance came to nuge early on.

Archived