Derby County vs Leeds United (Play-offs)

cannable

4 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

That wan't fun, I was in a pub full of Leeds fans, and I couldn't even get on last night to write a drunken winge. It's only half time COYR. 

I feel your pain - tomorrow at work is going to be tough ?

Thanks Derby County ?

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I agree, but why didn’t Bogle get booked for simulation if the ref was fooled into giving a pen?

Because they got to the conclusion that it was a free kick to Leeds so Bogle “fouled” the player, that’s why no yellow for him 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Because they got to the conclusion that it was a free kick to Leeds so Bogle “fouled” the player, that’s why no yellow for him 

But went down claiming a penalty, simulation. Yellow card in the rules of the game.

Bottle job.

10 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I feel your pain - tomorrow at work is going to be tough

Thanks, I know but it won't be as bad as the 4-3 after being 3-0 up game. The lad I sit next too is a Leeds season ticket holder but it's not too bad as he's a fan and we're not too tough on each other being aware of the potential payback. It's the part timers I can't deal with, they give you a load of stick when the win and say the're not bothered when they lose.

At the risk of sounding a bit McClarenesque, Leeds have gotten the better of us three times this season because they 'earned the right to play'. They are a team of tacklers and for the most part we aren't. 

They won their individual battles against us, ground us down and pretty soon (bar Holmes) we lost all confidence in our ability to play and looked a bit scared of them. They got in our heads.

The amount of times they crowded us out, won fifty-fifties and won second balls was where they won that game today. We got out fought and surrended the pitch to them as a result. 

Been arguing with a Leeds fan who claimed the headbutt was “a brush to the belly” and was never a red. But apparently Huddlestone’s forearm to the neck was an assault. If you ever need a reason to hate Leeds, this is why. 

I have calmed down now and thought I would add my two-penneth.

I think we well and truly did just what LUFC wanted yesterday. We tried to 'play' them and it all went wrong - they had the ball and we didn't. As @Gandalf's shin pads said we let them get into our heads.

We have lost to them twice this season and so we had to try something new. I would have liked Frank to have gone bananas and we just piled forward at all costs. we have that much young attacking talent it's the only way to go. Nugent's inclusion got me worried straight off.

That said - We could still do it. It's only half time and we are just one goal behind. LUFC I think we try and do the same again on Wednesday with the crowd behind them - try to nick another 1-0 or even park the bus. The next goal will be crucial.

Overall I think Frank has done a great job and whatever happens ... we are on the up.

But we might as well just go nuts in the next match -  nothing to lose.

It makes us dangerous.

Would love to win in the last minute as the ball goes in off Keogh's erse from a freakish free kick ?

COYR

25 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

Thanks, I know but it won't be as bad as the 4-3 after being 3-0 up game. The lad I sit next too is a Leeds season ticket holder but it's not too bad as he's a fan and we're not too tough on each other being aware of the potential payback. It's the part timers I can't deal with, they give you a load of stick when the win and say the're not bothered when they lose.

Spot on. The diehards I know are generally fair because of how bad they've been for years. The part timers have only been vocal this season (silent since Easter mind) but are the first to dish it out. Pretty cowardly in my opinion.

I won't be hiding anywhere tomorrow. Derby & proud of it.

@Gandalf's shin pads spot on. They are a team of tacklers. Always put in a tackle regardless of wether they win the ball, commit a clear foul or just about physical enough to knock a player without giving a “clear” foul. Happened constantly to anyone receiving the ball with their back to goal. They are less worried about shape out of possession and concentrate more on tackling. We tend to worry about shape and hence put in fewer tackles. Jockey rather than niggle. They then get the space to play. We put in tackles in the first 10 mins. It took till around 70 mins for Leeds to ease off a bit and for us to have a bit of space. 

From the East Stand, I felt Malone just didn’t want the ball from Tomori. His first touch when he did get it was heavy. The options for Tomori and Keogh were limited. We were unable to play triangles to beat any press. 

Holmes was one of the few players whose first though is to bring the ball under control. Others had time to bring it under control but chose to flick on and invariably the second ball was lost. 

Our chance at ER is for Leeds to panic if we can get a goal. I think their tactics will be to come out all guns blazing and get the first goal early to kill the tie. 

Here’s hoping for a performance at ER for all the Leeds/Yorkshire based Rams fans. 

COYR!!

3 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Thought it was such a shame that the Leeds goal came from Holmes closing down brilliantly and forcing a throw in.

And what closing down that was! The tackle to send it for their throw in was superb 

Stonewall penalty for me .  Bogle outmuscles Harrison. Clearly going through and Harrison has a panic up and sweeps the leg like Daniel Larusso in the Kate Kid.   The most disappointing thing was the lack of back up for Keogh when it was clear what was happening.  Also Huddelestone should probably have gone and Leeds should have been down to nine for a headbutt and Coopers simulation - he was already on a yellow .

Overall we played like rabbits in headlights .   Bit like us under Davies for the last 6 matches in 06/07.   Dogshit then rallied for the playoffs

Frank should have the team together today to watch Man City,they know how to win important matches,not to bottle it like we did yesterday,hoping something can be done for Wednesday,but not really sure we can do it,but love to say I was wrong.

Sith Happens
4 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

I think you’re coming at this far too deep.

For me the correct decision was a corner, so wasn’t sure how they got to a free kick to Leeds.

Still think VAR in play would have not gave a penalty, even how much wailing we do on here and elsewhere.

For me the officials were ok yesterday. Nothing special but ok. They got away with one or two, we did as well. 

I think it proves even with VAR their will continue to be controversy.

For me the penalty or not decision is not the worst thing,  its the fact a referee allowed himself to be influenced by complaining players.

30 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I think it proves even with VAR their will continue to be controversy.

For me the penalty or not decision is not the worst thing,  its the fact a referee allowed himself to be influenced by complaining players.

In your opinion he was, it looked to me the assistant was in his ear straight away.

Still think they got it wrong to not give a corner 

1 hour ago, Malagaram said:

Frank should have the team together today to watch Man City,they know how to win important matches,not to bottle it like we did yesterday,hoping something can be done for Wednesday,but not really sure we can do it,but love to say I was wrong.

Surely that would be counter productive. They'd watch whatever Man City did and soon realise that they're nowhere near as good as the city players (no offence to our players intended). It would be like telling Tim Henman to watch Federer to see how to win an important tennis match. 

I'd rather they watched our games at Man U and Chelsea (if only Nugent hadn't hit the inside of the post) to get that never say die away against a better team (debatable in Man U's case at that time) attitude and self belief. 

It really wasn't a penalty lads was it.

Take the Derby glasses off, take a step back, and watch the replay in slow motion.

Harrison gets a slither on the ball, and doesn't get anywhere near the Derby player, he doesn't touch him, how can anyone say he does?

Correct decision, get over it.

Only a Leeds fan would say "a Derby player" but call the Leeds player by their name.... hi! ?

32 minutes ago, The middle man said:

It really wasn't a penalty lads was it.

Take the Derby glasses off, take a step back, and watch the replay in slow motion.

Harrison gets a slither on the ball, and doesn't get anywhere near the Derby player, he doesn't touch him, how can anyone say he does?

Correct decision, get over it.

Even IF it wasnt a penalty....It wasnt a Leeds free kick either....

Archived