Neil Warnock is a National Treasure

David

I had a moment the other week when I used the exact same term about Warnock. He's been at it too long to hate him any more, and his Cardiff team have been shafted once too often not to have sympathy, especially after the Sala thing.

Neil Warnock IS a national treasure, I hope he stays on at Cardiff and gets them back up again.

You've got to love him really. The bloke clearly is capable of throwing some massive wobblers and he occasionally (ahem) uses colourful language but for pure value for money you can't beat him.

The cameraman was focussing on him for a reason, he got a reaction. Maybe not the one he expected.

They're going down, he's gutted and you've got someone standing two metres away focussing on your face. Feck off and leave me alone to get on with the game.

I'm just surprised he restrained himself from giving the lad a little nudge backwards. I think he'll retire now. Can't see him having the fight to grind it out at Championship level again.

Not convinced he's the sort to retire.  Wouldn't surprise me if "he's the sort to go whilst stood on the touchline, or at the training ground"... but not for a good while yet, I'd hope.

I'm more than happy to slag him off or laugh at him in the public domain... after all it's our duty, as fans of opposing teams... but deep down, I like him a lot (as I do Mick McCarthy, who comes from a similar mould, imo). 

Football needs characters, and he's certainly that!

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not convinced he's the sort to retire.  Wouldn't surprise me if "he's the sort to go whilst stood on the touchline, or at the training ground"... but not for a good while yet, I'd hope.

I'm more than happy to slag him off or laugh at him in the public domain... after all it's our duty, as fans of opposing teams... but deep down, I like him a lot (as I do Mick McCarthy, who comes from a similar mould, imo). 

Football needs characters, and he's certainly that!

He's a pantomime villain, a master bater and the end of a bell, but, he is not one of football's truly "bad" people or aspects.

39 minutes ago, David said:

Why I like Mourinho and Klopp, one press conference can put a week of Eastenders episodes to shame for entertainment value

I never liked Mourinho, but I will always love his presser trolling Man Utd ( as man U manager) when he spent 20 minutes saying "Man U's got no football heritage"

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I never liked Mourinho, but I will always love his presser trolling Man Utd ( as man U manager) when he spent 20 minutes saying "Man U's got no football heritage"

He is Mr Marmite, if you accept his on the wind up and enjoy it for what it is, he’s great. Can’t take him seriously, bit like one of those Marvel films I guess, suspend your disbelief 

Got no problems with him, says things as he’s sees them wether right or wrong. He’s a master of the dark arts of management and is as seasoned a manager as they come. 

Blokes got 8 promotions, he knows what he’s doing and is very good at it. 

56 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I think you’re all romanticising him waaay too much. He’s a grade one ......  (that thing in his anagram). There’s a few things that are intolerable in a man and one is being mardy. He’s the king of it 

He seems like a great guy away from the football pitch, but he has repeatedly crossed the line in his managerial career. Several opposition coaches have complained about him literally instructing his players to break opponents legs from the touchline. He was in charge of the disgraceful Sheff U team at the infamous battle of Bramall Lane and he instructed players to feign injury to get the fixture abbandonned.

he aint the sort of bloke who retires....hes not liked at home  - needs to get to work lol

in a way - and I know he can be a dick - he's got quite a good sense of humour.......and the Sala gig has interrupted their season - they may have survived - we will never know

but general Im glad they ducked it up - cos I don't like their players or style

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Thought we should have had him as manager a few years ago .

I think he decided against it when we sold steve bloomer

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I think he decided against it when we sold steve bloomer

Bloomer was only 5'8" and could play football. There's not a chance that he would've got into one of Colin's teams.

1 minute ago, Anon said:

Bloomer was only 5'8" and could play football. There's not a chance that he would've got into one of Colin's teams.

I'm 6ft 3" and can't find trousers that fit me, but at least I can get in Warnock's team, just the way it is, genetics I guess.