U18s v Arsenal - PL National Final @ Pride Park 7pm, 07/05/19

David

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half-time 3-1 to the Rams. Magnificent performance.

Such a shame we went out in the FA Youth Cup when I really thought it was our year with this team (if I recall Man City who got in our faces in that game went on to win it) but it would be a tremendous response to win the National U18 League. Lots and lots of talented youngsters on show tonight.

Missed the first 15 minutes.  Being a ex sailor, i am a bit superstitious, so when we met West Brom i was barefoot on the left and held my three lucky stones in my left hand.  Am doing the same now and so far working heh

Cracking comeback from the young uns. I feared the worst when Arsenal started so fast and our lads looked like they couldn't match them for pace or strength, fortunately it's a football match and not an athletics meet and we are more than a match for them with the ball.

Just now, therealhantsram said:

Trivia... Arsenal's centre forward is the nephew of the Red Dwarf actor Danny John Jules. 

A Sibley can beat a Dibbley any day.

15 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

Pretty sure Cashin was a kid at my school, one of the ones who would try and take the ball off us older kids.

I used to do that. One of us is a regular in a title-winning academy side and the other goes to games pissed up on Dark Fruits. Guess which one is which.

5 minutes ago, ramit said:

Missed the first 15 minutes.  Being a ex sailor, i am a bit superstitious, so when we met West Brom i was barefoot on the left and held my three lucky stones in my left hand.  Am doing the same now and so far working heh

Well hello sailor. Set fair to win this. Leagues ahead. You may well not have to walk the plank. 

Some Mason Mount disciples in the U18's. No coincidence. 

Archived